What's new

Starting out on this DE adventure

Welcome to Badger & Blade!

Looks like a nice starting setup. Focus on technique - angle, pressure - all the stuff everyone else tells you. You will be surprised by how quickly the experience improves.

Wow! Blown away by the welcome here!

I am excited to learn more and more about wet shaving and love browsing the forums.

Thank you all!

Welcome to B&B, everyone here will be more than happy to answer any questions you have so that your new shaving experience is an enjoyable one.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Welcome to B&B! You will find many, many nice folks here and tons of good information. You'll also notice that much advice and opinion around here conflicts, but that's just because everyone has their own face, particular technique, and personal tastes. In time, you will find what you really like.

Yes, the neck is a tricky, tricky place. As already noted, your beard can grow in all sorts of different directions. Check out "beard mapping" and pay attention to how your whiskers grow, and both your shaves and your life will get a lot better. Also be aware that it can be tough to maintain a proper angle around your neck (especially under the jaw). That angle is important to minimize or eliminate irritation. You'll get the hang of it with practice, patience, and attention.

You have a great starting setup, indeed, but I'd advise a little tweaking. First, as you already mentioned, pick up some post-shave product(s). You have a lot of choices in the world, and you'll just have to find what you like. Poke around the forum for some suggestions.

Also, you might want to trade some of those 100 blades you have for different brands. While you might get lucky enough to find your favorite blade on the first try, it's not likely that you will. Try different blades, and you might be surprised at what you find. An alternative is to check out Tryablade.com and buy a few of any blade that might interest you. It's inexpensive and easy.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy the journey!

Welcome, nice setup.

As for razor burn on your neck, study your growth better and make sure you shave WTG for the first pass. On neck, hairs tend to grow in multiple directions, and "regular" WTG, from north to south, does not always work.

+1..map your hair growth..i have a nice swirl(hair growth in all directions)below my Adams apple.just take your time and buckle up and enjoy the ride..

Last edited:
Top Bottom