What's new

New barrister and Mann 42

It must have been this thread or the improbability drive, but I ordered some. Curses this place:laugh:

Yes yes! Give in to the pressure!!! Come to the dark side of wet shaving where you blow all your money you earn on product you don't really need!! >:)

Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be for this HHG2G Fan. Sold out in less than 4 days. :( Can't wait to hear your reviews on the fragrance.

Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be for this HHG2G Fan. Sold out in less than 4 days. :( Can't wait to hear your reviews on the fragrance.

Well I mean he wrote that he might make 70 more if there is a demand for it. Hopefully you get lucky and he makes some more. Just stay tuned in. I wanted his fougeres but they are to pricey for me.

Delayed by USPS. Was suppose to come today. Hopefully I get it tomorrow. Have 5 days of no shave. Got a mini beard just cuz I'm waiting for this soap. So excited to see what it smells like

$20150529_104959.jpg

I opened mine this afternoon. That's lemon oud???? It's different, I'll say that. Can't wait to give it a shave.
Its a challenging scent.

Got mine today. Opened it up right now from the mail. I would say it's a lemon ginger tea with like a earthy floral note which I'm not sure it is. This would match my Christian Dior homme sport edt perfectly. That gingery lemon. Doesn't smell like oud to me either. Gonna give it a go today. I will probably start with a menthol pre shave soap before. Give it that cool kick. especially since it was 104 here today in Vegas. I hate the summers but I love em lol. Hate the heat. Love using the menthols

Last edited:
Great shave with 42. The scent really improved for me from sniffing the jar, lathering on face to shave and rinse. The final floral citrus tones are great.

I look forward to others' descriptions. BTW the performance was outstanding... lathered like a beast. The soap of Hotblack Desiato for sure.
$SOTD May 30 2015.jpg

To be honest this reminds me of soap commanders relaxation. That tea soap they made. I'm sure they got the inspiration from that. I mean it has that great barrister and Mann performance. I don't think it's a must have to be honest. It's not like a mind blown soap. Just a lemon tea base. It is refreshing of course in the heat but eh for the scent. Not to impressed. It has a weak scent profile to. I would say a 3 out of 10. I couldn't smell it while I was shaving. Just while lathering. I ordered island man and iced pineapple from Stirling. Excited to try those for sure

I spoke to will and it was my mistake that he got the inspiration from soap commander. I guess great minds just think alike. Great scent of course. Just what I meant by saying I'm not impressed was that it's not unique because I've smelled a soap like it before. If that soap wasn't there then yes it would have been totally unique but it's been out for a while. The scent strength. I will shave with it again today and it usually gets stronger once that top layer is gone so hopefully it increases but I'm sticking to my three for now.

42 is back in stock! I broke down yesterday and placed an order. I ordered a tub of 42 and also a tub of Ferox. That scent sounds really nice. I also contemplated placing an order for "B&M Bay Rum", but I thought I'd spent enough for one day. I'm really curious about the scent of 42. Many folks seem to be saying its just lemon, but the description says it is so much more. I'm hoping for something a bit more complex than just lemon. Will report soon.

Top Bottom