What's new

What's your everyday safety razor?

For some time, I have been shaving with solely one safety razor that gives me an excellent shave. My late 1930s British Gillette Aristocrat No. 15 works well for me, and I decided several months back to sell a handful of others I used to own.

I don't collect safety razors, but one for me is great. So, if you shave with only one as well, what would that be? Just curious.

Been shaving with safety razors for a bit over a year now and have collected quite a few including a RR slab and RR baby smooth. Despite all the good razors I have now, something always seems to bring me back to my Gillette super speeds. Just awesome shavers

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
1958 TV special.​

I use the above razor most of the time. Bill E. gave me that razor. He is not alive now. He served during the Vietnam period in France.​

I only own ONE razor now, having gifted the other two DE razors I had. I now use the ATT Kronos H1 every day and couldn't be happier...

proxy.php

Shave Craft 102. I have many others but for sheer mildness but efficiency I haven't found better. Perfect everyday shaver.

Gillette NEW short comb. I have a few more vintage toys coming in the mail (LC, Old type, ball tech) so subject to change.

I keep getting pulled back and forth between my New Short OC and my Tech Fat Handle. I have a 1918 Gillette officers oc on the way, so someone might get bumped.

Hi,

I have been at this for 39 years now. I have always shaved with one razor during that time, although in eras, so to speak. Meaning, use one razor for several years before switching to another for several more years. My whiskers undergo this slow by constant thing of becoming tougher as time marches on. The razor used changes as a result. ;)

For the past couple years, it has been the Fasan Double Slant. Two passes (WTG ATG) to DFS.

Stan

Feather AS-D2 most of the time (now paired with a Maggard MR5 handle). Razorock Baby Smooth (now paired with the AS-D2 handle) as a change of pace. Schlick Krona for travel (or Gillette Guard if only carry-on bag).

Merkur 180 Long Handle. Just started about a year ago, my mach 3 days are over. Thinking about making the leap to a Feather AS-D2. Also have a 1962 Gillette Slim that I haven't shaved with yet.

Over the last few years, I've wandered from the EJ89 to the Merkur Futur, and now it's my Merkur Slant. It's working so well for me now that I don't see myself changing again.

Top Bottom