What's new

What's your everyday safety razor?

$image.jpg$image.jpg

Don't know what this open comb is but it gives me the best shave and I keep coming back .

Glenn

A 1953 Tech has been in my hand very morning since November of 2014. One sweet razor. Not sure when I will change to another.

Futur is the closest thing I have to a daily driver. The R41, Cobra, and Progress see some action, too. The rest collect dust.

R-41 pops in a couple times a week, otherwise I don't really have an everyday razor. Rest of the week will have a SS or Tech, a GEM SE or two, and maybe a straight.

Larzone, I also have a minty Red Tip with case, blades and instructions (from my birth year) that I've never used. If I didn't love my ATT H2 so much, I might consider a user grade Red Tip. I fear the gateway drug syndrome, however...

I dont have a US one no longer but those I had sure was a nice and smooth shave! I'm a vintage razor guy, tried some new ones but always went back for older Gillettes.

$IMG_20150514_065523221.jpg

1983 Super Adjustable Black Beauty Long Handle. Wife gave it to me in 1990. It was her grandfather's. I used every day until my RAD kicked in 2 months ago. I come back to it after I try out what ever new acquisition I get in the mail. I trust this old friend. It will always be my go-to.

I don't collect either (I reserve that for my other hobby - fountain pens), so I use a 1963 Gillette Slim adjustable every day and a Merkur 34C when I travel because it is slightly more compact and can break down into two pieces.

The only razor component I use for just about every shave is my Maggard MR8 handle. On it, I use an ATT S2... or M2... or Gillette New SC (spectacularly replated by Chris)... or iKon SC101... or Parker 26c... or Phoenix Artisan Double Open Comb... If I had to pick just one, it would be one of the first three, but I'm damned if I could tell you which one.

I do have a collection and I have used each and everyone, but right now my fav is a '69 long handle SA. As a special treat after a few days growth a thin head Single ring or old type I love those older razors too.

My favorite DE razor is my 1938-1945 Pre-war Fat handle tech I found on Craigslist. I have other razors but the pre-war tech is the razor I use most frequently.$B&B2.jpg

Last edited:
Larzone, I also have a minty Red Tip with case, blades and instructions (from my birth year) that I've never used. If I didn't love my ATT H2 so much, I might consider a user grade Red Tip. I fear the gateway drug syndrome, however...

I use my NOS/mint razors, after all that's what they were meant for. As long as you don't drop it or some such shaving with it causes no harm IMO. The boxes get put in a plastic bag and put somewhere safe and the razor gets used. I do keep them clean (ultrasonic). I love using a razor made years ago that looks/is brand new.

My favorite DE razor is my 1938-1945 Pre-war Fat handle tech I found on Craigslist. I have other razors but the pre-war tech is the razor I use most frequently.

PokerChip. I have the 1946-1950 Gold version of this. Mine has the oblong slots. I also have the case and also have the blade holder metal box that sits in the case. Love these old razors. I'd like to find an older one like yours as well.

Top Bottom