What's new

Difference between white and black polish paste

Hello everyone,

i was wondering if anyone can make it clean for me. i'm using green paste for polish my old razors and to take off the black points from the blade. but unfortunately for some of those are too deep and don't want to just go. So need to take more time and even they stay right in the middle of the blade.

i just don't like this!

So as i saw in B&B restauration topic, i searched on google to find some explanation the difference between the black and white pastes, but they are too specific and sometimes they just adviced to use first step or last step of polishing. this doesn't mean me so much thing.

I would like to ask, if you used those two pastes, would you please tell me what difference appear on the blade after used this pastes separately? after black it take off just the black points then white one for cleaning all the blade? one is more abrasive than other? which case to use black or white one?

i hope i was clear while asking my question. if not i will try better :tongue_sm

thanks in advance

I think the white is coarser and will leave deeper scratches meaning the blade will have more of a haze with the white, less of a haze with the black and no haze with green(Cromox) as green is finest.And just to mention I think red is coarser than white iirc.

thank you Scott. since few, i use green and brown. for get my blades brighter, they are ok but if there a black stain, they are not so good in most of cases. so i think, i will give a try to white.

Your welcome and upon looking further I believe this to be more correct:

[SIZE=+1]Material[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+1]Compounds (Coarse to Fine) [/SIZE]​
Black EmeryBrown TripoliWhite RougeGreen StainlessJewelers RougeBlue All Purpose
Acrylicsx
Aluminumxxxxx
Brassxxxxxx
Copperxxxxxx
Goldxxxx
Ironxxx
Nickelxxx
Pewterxxxx
Platinumxxx
Sterling or Silver Platexxxx
Steelxxx
Nickel or Chrome Platexx
Brass or Copper Platexxxx
Stainless Steelxxxxx
Thermosetting Plastic (Bakelite, Formica)xxxx
Hard Rubberxx
Hornxx
Woodx

I had the chance to try these ones and I think the red one is much more abrasive than white and black.

I notice now the red is not listed but yes its coarsest. The red oxide strop paste is different than the red stuff in sticks for buffing.

Top Bottom