What's new

Do prefer Soap pucks or sticks?

How do you guys like your shaving soaps?

Do u prefer a stick or just a puck inside a bowl? I used a stick to travel, and I realized it has some advantages. I can use a stick with a cheap floppy brush because I'm putting the soap directly on my face instead of loading it

Are there any particular advantages to using pucks?

I prefer pucks but I like to use a stick once in awhile for a change, just to mix things up. It took me awhile to get the hang of sticks but they are a nice change.
$Wilkinson.jpg

With an Arko puck in a vintage mug, I can keep stirring in the mug and raise an amount of lather limited only by the depth of the mug. When traveling, face lather with Arko stick does the job but there's a limited amount of brush lather for subsequent passes.

I always prefer pucks of soap, in a bowl. BUT when i travel, shaving sticks a fantastic.
I do have few favourite shaving sticks however that i do enjoy using. Speick is one shaving stick that i just really dig, Arko is another but recently discovered Arko in a bowl! SO i have ordered that one and awaiting its arrival. And, of course, La Toja is also a great stick.

But in general im a soap puck man ;)

How do you guys like your shaving soaps?

Do u prefer a stick or just a puck inside a bowl? I used a stick to travel, and I realized it has some advantages. I can use a stick with a cheap floppy brush because I'm putting the soap directly on my face instead of loading it

Are there any particular advantages to using pucks?
I always face lather and use soap tubs, pucks, and sticks. I also love AOS creams. Many members feel sticks are advantageous for face lathering, but I think all these products are easy to apply to your face.

Arko stick for travel. Otherwise pucks and bowl lather. Stick saves one step and makes face lathering easy

Top Bottom