What's new

Any special meals this weekend?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a deboned leg of lamb marinating in fresh mint, Rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Not sure if I am going to roast or grill- I think the grill has the edge right now. If I do grill, should I remove the twine before or after?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 48
Nothing special but awesome! Brats and baked beans. Nothing says summer like brats on the grill, a little brown mustard.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm just guessing on the twine...leave it on, it's holding it all rolled up.

...unless it's plastic.

another vote for leave the netting on the BRN leg (Boned, Rolled & netted). It is there to hold the meat together while cooking. Just remove when done

With that said I don't know how it would handle flames direct on the butchers twine as it is made from cotten but would think cotten and fire will just burn.......
So IMO indirect you are good to go but if you want to cook it direct, I would remove twine and butterfly the leg out.
Note I have never cooked anything that has been strung/netted on the grill, so take that for what it is worth.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks Chris- I will investigate further. I just got done whipping up some cole slaw, using the amazingribs.com recipe for creamy mayo cole slaw. I adjusted for a whole head, added two cloves of garlic, and a little extra sugar. I think the sweeter slaw will go well with the savory lamb. The chop through the food processor was a little finer than I like, but it should be good.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I had 2 big hamburgers from Burger King. It was 2 for the price of 1.

The meal that Toothpick made above looks real good!

tonight was special for me it started with an 18yr old macallan to wash down a 2 inch 2 lb ribeye cooked to rare and allowed to rest for 10 minutes served with stilton blue cheese and caramelized garlic and vadlia onions (don't forget the veg)View attachment 573954

Nice looking piece of lamb. Hope to see a finished photo.

nothing special here; some bbq pork butt last night and to the sister-in-laws tonight for burgers. Rhubarb crunch for desert.

Pulled pork enchiladas last night. Tonight I'm going to marinate some chicken breasts in Italian dressing, grill them, then toss with pasta, broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and parmesan cheese.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, I couldn't grill. The backyard is too wet, and I would have needed to move the grill from the patio to driveway. So, I roasted it in the oven.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom