What's new

I Am Going To Invoke the A-word

My second to last shave was with MdC which then made me think of the other end of the cost spectrum and my last shave was with Arko - worlds apart in the cost column, but not as far apart on the performance. Which is why for me Arko is one of the best soaps out there when you factor cost in to the equation. You get a whole lot of soap for not too much of your hard-earned.

I always enjoy using Arko for travel as well in stick form. I carry that and a small 3.5oz bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue I picked up at a Dollar General in the city in which I used to live. A small piece of my old home travels with me everywhere I go. I kind of like that. :001_smile

As for the Arko, it serves me well in the roll-up stick I purchased for it last year from WCS. My fiancee likes it too for shaving her legs and how quick she can make a lather. I've found that my travel setup of Arko in the roll-up container, my Omega 50014 travel brush, Aqua Velva Ice Blue in the small bottle, Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm (for rare occasions or for my fiancee), and my Parker A1R travel razor work incredibly well for classic shaving on the road. I even use Personna Lab blades or Astra (either SP or SS) as they are easy to come by and are so low in price, I don't mind tossing them after one or two shaves should I need to do so.

Well, I gave Arko another run, this time with my 46. I'm a believer! It was a great shave, for some reason it lather better with a badger than my boar. It will be use more often for sure, specially when time is of the essence.

I couldn't have put it better, owning both, except that my assessment of performance may get me tarred-and-feathered :001_smile

Aye! Let's say for an example that Arko costs 1€ and the same amount of MdC costs 10€ - MdC is not 10x better performance-wise. There is also the scent and packaging, but even then, if we factor it all against cost, Arko is better.

I tried Arko for the first time today and was blown away! My face was really dry after but other than that I was superbly pleased with my experience!

Arko is a good soap (though it doesn't play nice with my skin, so I cannot use it). Don't let the Arkolytes fool you though; there are better soaps out there.

Could you elaborate sir ? :p

My second to last shave was with MdC which then made me think of the other end of the cost spectrum and my last shave was with Arko - worlds apart in the cost column, but not as far apart on the performance. Which is why for me Arko is one of the best soaps out there when you factor cost in to the equation. You get a whole lot of soap for not too much of your hard-earned.

+100 !!!!! But most people just want to spend $$$ on the so called premium soaps. Ignorance is bliss :p :D

Could you elaborate sir ? :p

It's just an average, to slightly above average soap. There are plenty of soaps that are slicker, smell better (though I don't think Arko smells bad), and give a better post-shave feel than Arko. Most of the soaps I have and use cost around the $10 mark, and while that's more than Arko, it's certainly not a huge expense.

It's just an average, to slightly above average soap. There are plenty of soaps that are slicker, smell better (though I don't think Arko smells bad), and give a better post-shave feel than Arko. Most of the soaps I have and use cost around the $10 mark, and while that's more than Arko, it's certainly not a huge expense.
Hmmm...please list some better $10 soaps thank Arko.

Hmmm...please list some better $10 soaps thank Arko.

RazoRock (your choice of scent, they're all excellent soaps and $10 or less)
Mike's Natural (your choice of scent)
Cella (actually only $8)
Stirling (scent of your choice, also less than $10 for most scents)

There are lots of other artisans who get rave reviews and sell their soaps for around the $10 mark, but I haven't tried them all, so I can't say for sure they're better than Arko.

Top Bottom