What's new

Aftershave balm, Help!

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I'm looking for a natural aftershave balm that is fragrance free. I've tried Aloe gel which has a small drop of glycerin but it didn't really feel like it was heavy enough of a moisturiser and dried to a thin film which needed re-wetting. I've used thayers which is unscented and pretty much get the same deal although it leaves the skin feeling softer and nicer. I've also tried Nivea sensitive but find the fragrance too strong, lingering and not to my taste. it also competes with any aftershaves.

I liked the performance of Nivea but don't like the smell.

Any questions or advice?

Thanks!

Stick with the Thayers and try an unscented hand lotion. An Aftershave is designed to do a couple of things. It's an astringent, in your case, you've accomplished that with the Thayers. AS can also act as a moisturizer. Any decent unscented lotion that feels good on your hands, should feel just fine on your face.

Stick with the Thayers and try an unscented hand lotion. An Aftershave is designed to do a couple of things. It's an astringent, in your case, you've accomplished that with the Thayers. AS can also act as a moisturizer. Any decent unscented lotion that feels good on your hands, should feel just fine on your face.
Really good advice, I hadn't thought of that. Opens up a lot of options.

One I like is Soothe by ZIRH but don't buy it directly from them, it's expensive. I bought the couple of bottles I have on eBay for much less. No fragrance and absorbs like a champ.

One I like is Soothe by ZIRH but don't buy it directly from them, it's expensive. I bought the couple of bottles I have on eBay for much less. No fragrance and absorbs like a champ.
There are parabens and alcohol in the ingredients but thanks for sharing your suggestion and experience.

After your witch hazel, work a smidge of Shea butter in your palms and apply to face. Been working well for me, but YMMV. Also works as pre-shave. It goes on a little greasy/shiny, but skin should absorb it after a short while.

Good luck!

Here are some of the benefits of Shea Butter for the skin:
• Reducing acne
• Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue
• Helps restore elasticity to skin
• Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
• Dry skin relief
• Dry scalp
• Skin rash- including diaper rash
• Skin peeling, after tanning
• Blemishes and wrinkles
• Itching skin due to dryness
• Sunburn
• Shaving cream to reduce razor irritation
• Small skin wounds
• Skin cracks
• Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)
• Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
• Minor burns
• Eczema
• Sun and wind protection
• Even skin tone
• Reduce blemishes and scarring
• Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or chemical processing
• Preventing bumps after shaving

proxy.php

I use Simpsons Aftershave Balm. It's unscented and very, very light on the face.
I use an aftershave, wait a few minutes and then put on the Simpsons.
Excellent face feel all day.....
$aftershave-balm-500x500.jpg

Wow, Thanks SpaceCadet. I've got about 1kg of unrefined shea butter. It's a little harder but I think I can try and make something work. I've got cocoa butter, almond, apricot and jojoba seed oils.

After your witch hazel, work a smidge of Shea butter in your palms and apply to face. Been working well for me, but YMMV. Also works as pre-shave. It goes on a little greasy/shiny, but skin should absorb it after a short while.

Good luck!

Here are some of the benefits of Shea Butter for the skin:
• Reducing acne
• Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue
• Helps restore elasticity to skin
• Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
• Dry skin relief
• Dry scalp
• Skin rash- including diaper rash
• Skin peeling, after tanning
• Blemishes and wrinkles
• Itching skin due to dryness
• Sunburn
• Shaving cream to reduce razor irritation
• Small skin wounds
• Skin cracks
• Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)
• Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
• Minor burns
• Eczema
• Sun and wind protection
• Even skin tone
• Reduce blemishes and scarring
• Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or chemical processing
• Preventing bumps after shaving

proxy.php
Oh, have unrefined too?

Top Bottom