What's new

Panna Crema Nuàvia Blu

Hi gents

Pre ordered Nuàvia Blu and it came in on Friday.
Shaved with it yesterday and wish to briefly report:

1) scent 10. Jasmin and lavender immediately invaded the bathroom, anise came later on with a bit of vanilla. Something very unique (somehow resembling B&M Lavanille)
2) lather 10. Went for 40 swirls and built-up a solid and rich lather. Didn't dry between passes. Slick as one wishes even though vegan. Zero irritation.
3) post shave 10. Went for 2 pass WTG + XTG + ATG touch ups. Skin was solicited with this 7/8 animal but Nuàvia left it smooth, very smooth. I used Panama balm which might have contributed to give a positive picture.

YMMV as always...but it was worth it...and what a splendid jar.

Last edited:
I saw this and another new soap are more expensive than the older soaps from Panna Crema. Are the ingredients different? Is the performance somehow improved?

BINGO! Found the jars. The jars are f'ing sexy looking. I would rather pay a bit more for a luxury cream with beautiful jar and presentation than getting bent over for an expensive lux soap or cream in a crappy Tin container. I think tin containers are ugly, cheap, ***. Ordered one Rossa and one Blue. Nice touch by PC on the presentation in the beautiful, lidded jars.

Last edited:
The soap comes with this jar.....
That is my first Panna Crema hence, hard to benchmark with other soaps from that brand.

I have compared it with the ones I'm keen on like B&M, CRSW Select, Mike's or Tiki all tallow based. Nuàvia is second to none and once more ....that scent ...is fabulous.

I saw this and another new soap are more expensive than the older soaps from Panna Crema. Are the ingredients different? Is the performance somehow improved?

The Original line-up of Panna Crema is a Tallow soap, the Nuàvia Line-up is a Vegan soap... I hope they use the new container for the Tallow version, and hope they will include a refill option for returning customers.

I know they had re-formulated the Tallow Version in October or November 2014, which improved an already top-tier soap IMO.

I'd be all over it if it didn't cost $18 to ship to the U.S. and require a purchase over 100 euros to get free shipping. Anyone know of any other retailers carrying these new offerings?

I'd be all over it if it didn't cost $18 to ship to the U.S. and require a purchase over 100 euros to get free shipping. Anyone know of any other retailers carrying these new offerings?

Maybe Italian Barber will eventually, they carry the Tallow version on a regular basis.

I notice that there is also a red version. Anybody know the scent of that one?

From Panna Crema website; Nuàvia Rossa's scent has been developed in Grasse (France); the top notes are woody, middle notes are woody and oriental, then there's amber in the tail.

proxy.php

Thanks for posting your feedback!

How hard is the soap? I remember the original PC soaps being somewhere between hard soap consistency and something like Cella.

It's a crop. They recommend 20 swirls to load the brush. I went for the double or more since I love rich lather. Very easy soap to use !

Lovely review man, thanks! Still undecided if I should snipe this also, since I'm a PannaCrema fan (i have every PC Soap)

Cheers!

I'm a PannaCrema fan (i have every PC Soap)
Ciao Mostho, How strong do you find the scent on Namaste? The description sounds amazing, almost like a fougere, but I've read somewhere that most Panna Cream scents are rather weak. How would you rate the strength compared to say Cella or Valobra Fougere (I have both).

I consider the performance top-rate with the scent a bonus, and the scent is noticeable during the shave only, my sniffer isn't the best so I wouldn't call it weak.

Can someone who has tried the PC scents that Italian Barber carries can you rank them?
I think i need to get a jar for the collection

Top Bottom