What's new

What's Your Travel Set-Up?

Sitting here in the Days Inn in Dublin, Georgia (family funeral sadly), I was wondering if anyone else was traveling this holiday weekend and what shave gear they brought with them-here's mine:

1. Duke 3 in Best

2. Merkur 38C

3. Gillette 7 O' Clock Black

4. QED Bathtub Gin Shave Stick

5. Crystal Deodorant (also acting as alum block)

6. Aqua Velva & Mennen Cool Spice in travel bottles( for variation depending on weather that day)

This is my go to travel set whether flying or driving. Packed away in its own dopp kit, all I need to add before leaving is the Duke 3. I rarely use the Duke 3 @ home, but this way, I am reminded of what a great all around brush it is.:001_cool:

I previously was using the Strop Shoppe Black Tie soap which was so amazing, it made it into my home rotation. I have a 2nd stick of the QED Bathtub Gin @ home-makes me wish I had a Gin and Tonic in hand to sip on! This is one of the best soaps bar none, scent, lather-ability, cushion, and glide.:blushing:

The Gillette 7 O'Clock blade is smooth, sharp, and maneuverable. My stash is only used for travel-figure it will last me much longer this way. I switched out a SE-too easy and fast; I wanted to enjoy the shave, since I have plenty of time whenever this kit is being used.:laugh:

The 2 A/S provide for the most coverage; if it's warm out-AV. When it's cool, then the Cool Spice to warm things up. And then just because, my version of Fire & Ice (normally AV + AV Musk)- Mennen Cool Spice followed by the AV makes for a serious end to my shave.:thumbup1:

All in all, this kit gives me the variety I enjoy, provides for great shaves I don't have to think about, and I get to use items from my shave den that rarely come into play when I'm home. So now that I have filled you in on what I'm doing, pray tell, what doth the forum have to impart?

marty

Top Bottom