What's new

The Poutine Has Landed

Outstanding! I've only had it in a handful of places, but my favorite poutine comes from Mamo Burger Bar in Windsor, ON.

I suppose it is close enough to Canada.

$rudysmap.jpg

Must be available somewhere in NY City, although I've never seen a "Canadian" restaurant. What is Canadian cuisine, anyway, aside from poutine and maple syrup?

Here in AZ there's a local Scandinavian, Polish, Canadian restaurant. I went there last week and had poutine for the first time. I'm not sure if the Canadians just wanted something unhealthy enough to vie with American fare or what, but it was pretty tasty. :)

Dave, it's french fries with cheese curds and gravy.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Not just any fries, not just any gravy, and certainly not just any cheese curds.

Happiness in a paper bowl.

Also known as a cardio-thoracic surgeon's annuity, it is

French fries topped with cheese curds topped with gravy.

But it it is delicious.

We have something that keeps the Cardio Docs in business similar down here, Pat's Chili Dogs: 4 chili cheese dogs ( in your choice of mild, Hot, Nuclear and Flat Line ) and a lb. of fries cooked in Lard. 4.99 and a free coupon to the cardiologist.

$Pats.jpg

but I see the similarities, I have to get some!!

$Poutine.jpg

Last edited:
I would say that is within the radius of travel time distance to seek out your favorite great food. I've done the same myself, it was boiled crawfish....Louisiana (Texas) style.

So sorry to hear that you wasted valuable time for a fake crawfish boil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom