What's new

sir irisch moos replacement.

I would probably check out an artisan version as well.

Someone mentioned fougere? Why did I think it would probably smell kind of like Irish Spring? Palmolive is similar to Irish Spring, sort of. A cross between Irish Spring (or Palmolive) and a Fougere would be great.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I always thought it smelled alot like Irish Spring, which is why I never cared for the scent.

Put 'em side by side and I think you'll realize that's just not true. For me, worlds apart -- well, everything except the name. :tongue_sm

It is a green,dark and somehow incensy(if that makes sense)/powdery type of fougere.I say it is the green side of tabac.So no similarities with the irish spring,with an exception made on both names.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Irisch Moos smells nothing like Irish spring. SIM is a stronger scent and is crisper smelling (if that makes sense) Now Palmolive is more like Irish spring too me at least.

Like I said before SIM is one of my favorite scents of all time and that's one of the reason I bought the EDT. I had an idea to buy the TOBS natural cream and mix in some of the SIM, it wouldn't have the same slickness as the Irisch Moos but and least it would smell like it. :)

I still might try the idea I mention earlier in the post about a custom scent from Gingers garden I've heard good things about them and they have over a 100 scents already.

Last edited:
Yes you are lucky! Any news about sir stick replacements?Does anyone knows if cold river soap works fougere is similar?The scent sounds familiar from the description.

Ι am gonna buy the crsw fougere moderne to check the similarities with the s.i.m stick and postthem here...however if anyone has info on a similar scent, i.e someone said valobra patchouly is a familiar scent,writing herecould be informative...

I emailed Irena from Gingers garden about a custom SIM soap but haven't heard back from her yet. I hope she replies back soon because I'm really curious to see if she can do it or not.

I am glad a lot of wet shavers want something like irisch moos scent back.Maybe some artisans see our "demand".

Ok I got a response from Irena from Gingers garden (I PM'd her on FB) She says the scent is a blend of patchouli, cedarwood, and geranium topped with citrus and rosemary. Sounds similar to Irish Spring, which I do have. She's going to see how they differ from each other.

That's weird because although sounds similar to irish spring,irish spring is more similar to palmolive stick rather than sir irisch moos stick.

Top Bottom