What's new

Need Mondo Backbone Suggestion

I prefer a smaller brush- 24mm is about as big as I wanna go on the knot...I'm looking for LOTS of backbone in a boar or synthetic- I've tried quite a few but they all seem too 'mushy' for my tastes...any ideas? (I generally bowl lather)...thanks!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have a synthetic that I set low, just to get the extra backbone, but because of the nature of synthetics, it does not splay very well and as a result, does not perform well. It is not one of my favorites. I do not know of a low loft boar that is off the shelf ready, but I am sure any of the vendor / hobbyist could make you one, or you could probably do it yourself.

If you want backbone, nothing compares to the Shavemac D01 2 Band.

I've tried Omega 13564, 10065, 10066, 10055, 10086, 10777, 10290 & Semogue 1250...

I'll try the 40033 & 10029...thanks, guys!

The 40033 and 10029 are both truly backbone beasts, especially the 40033. It does take a while to break though, so be patient...either that or perform some ritualistic break in routine!

Check out whippeddog, with loft set really low
Or if you can find one, Semogue mistura (mix hair) has tons of backbone.

The omega baby pro (10029) is another backbone-r :D

Thanks for all the help, guys- I'm sure I'll find a good one for me in the list of options you've provided. Greatly appreciated! I'll follow up when I acquire a couple to try out...

OK...had a few shaves with the 10029- it is a keeper for me- lots of backbone for sure & a very comfortable size and handle. It takes a little more determination to work up a lather than the 'face mops'- but worth it when i go to apply lather...I'll keep using it for another couple of weeks then switch over to the 40033 and review. I appreciate all of the helpful advice, Gentlemen- thanks!

Thanks for the f/u. The 10029 will start to generate more lather after it opens up. For me, about 20 lathers. The 40033 may take longer. I suggest palm lathering that bad boy now while you are using the 10029. Enjoy!

Thanks for the insight, NavyShave- I love the quality of the Omegas- a great deal for the price. I'm stoked to have finally found 1 or 2 that really work for me after months of trying out various brushes!

Top Bottom