What's new

hearing is believing

Second shave last night, less nervous-albeit still beads of perspiration on the forehead. So, I took the advise of you good men on B&B, and adjusted my angle. Also, as suggested, I listened for the popping of the whiskers and (Eureka!) something started to happen. I knew I was getting the hang of it and became a bit giddy with excitement. So much so that, getting lost in the moment, I began gorilla'ing the razor and walked away with three cuts. I slowed down, focused, did a third touch up pass, and after applying the ole' Clubman, I felt as if (dare I say it?) I accomplished a DFS. Or does the three bleeders disqualify me?

Anyway, I stayed up late shaving and admiring, overslept, woke up (again admiring the shave) and ended up being late for work this morning. See? This thing has started to cause problems already!

Welcome to B&B! Glad you decided to join us! I think a DFS or a BBS are very much a YMMV thing. If you are satisfied with it, then sat it is a DFS!!

Second shave last night, less nervous-albeit still beads of perspiration on the forehead. So, I took the advise of you good men on B&B, and adjusted my angle. Also, as suggested, I listened for the popping of the whiskers and (Eureka!) something started to happen. I knew I was getting the hang of it and became a bit giddy with excitement. So much so that, getting lost in the moment, I began gorilla'ing the razor and walked away with three cuts. I slowed down, focused, did a third touch up pass, and after applying the ole' Clubman, I felt as if (dare I say it?) I accomplished a DFS. Or does the three bleeders disqualify me?

Anyway, I stayed up late shaving and admiring, overslept, woke up (again admiring the shave) and ended up being late for work this morning. See? This thing has started to cause problems already!

3 bleeder don't disqualify you. ..start shaving earlier so you won't be late again. :thumbup:

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

DE shaving is definitely more rewarding from an auditory standpoint than cart shaving.

Enjoy!

Cuts do not constitute disqualification. It sounds like you got it. If you are not doing so already, turn off the faucet so you can get the full resonating audible benefit. If you guide the razor by the very end of the handle, that forces you to let the weight of the razor do the work. You can get the cuts down to a rare occurrence after about a week of experience. Then, if you do something like try a more aggressive razor, you may go through the same cut-avoidance learning curve again.
Congratulations.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
This is only the beginning of a long and enjoyable journey. Congratulations and welcome, Sir!

Great to hear! Congrats on your successful shave. It's very rewarding and fun to shave with a DE razor, brush and soap. And yes the razor sings to you when the angle is right.

And yes, Clubman is an awesome AS... :D

Top Bottom