What's new

Fine Clean Vetiver AS

I've been using the Clean Vetiver from Fine Accoutrements for the past few days, and I love it! It's sweet, warm, crisp, green, and smoky all at once. I actually find myself cupping my hands over my face to get a whiff every now and then. And the menthol feels great when it kicks in a few seconds after application. When I smelled them side by side at Q Brothers in Chicago, their Fresh Vetiver had an extremely faint scent by comparison. From what I could tell, it was nice, just lighter and less complex. Anyway, I'm pleased with my purchase. Unfortunately, it hasn't cured my ASAD...

I'm with you on the ASAD ... love the FINE Accoutrements Clean Vetiver, I also have (and really like) American Blend, Platinum & L'Orange Noir
You can't go wrong with any of the Fine aftershaves IMO

I have the higher menthol sample vials and 4/6 of the lower menthol original formula. American Blend and Platinum are on my list. I only have IC in a sample vial and agree it's pretty nice.

I would love to try Italian Citrus! Hopefully Todd will get his hands on the ingredients he needs to make more someday. L'Orange Noir was my first "quality" aftershave. I like it a lot, though it may not be as versatile as the Clean Vetiver for me. American Blend smells great, but I haven't picked it up because I'm not sure the scent fits me. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...
Has anyone tried the Savon Lavande?

It's all good juice. I'm glad he lowered the menthol - not for "feel", but now the menthol smell doesn't overpower the various scents. I've got all of them except Italian Citrus. I find that I use Clean Vetiver and Snake Bite the most. The Clean Vetiver w/Guerlain Vetiver is a dynamite combo indeed!

It's all good juice. I'm glad he lowered the menthol - not for "feel", but now the menthol smell doesn't overpower the various scents. I've got all of them except Italian Citrus. I find that I use Clean Vetiver and Snake Bite the most. The Clean Vetiver w/Guerlain Vetiver is a dynamite combo indeed!

Is it possible to order a bottle of fresh or clean vetiver with zero menthol?

I would love to try Italian Citrus! Hopefully Todd will get his hands on the ingredients he needs to make more someday. L'Orange Noir was my first "quality" aftershave. I like it a lot, though it may not be as versatile as the Clean Vetiver for me. American Blend smells great, but I haven't picked it up because I'm not sure the scent fits me. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...
Has anyone tried the Savon Lavande?

The Savon Lavande was, at least to me, the lightest and shortest-lasting of his line. It was still a great scent. (I have approximately 1/2 an oz. left.) If you are a lavender fan, it's worth searching out, although they rarely seem to come up for sale/trade.

I gotcha, but I'm looking to buy AS to match soaps I already have. If I can identify a couple of soaps for an AS, I can justify the purchase. :)

Last edited:
Ah, I see. I've used both of those AS (and like them, by the way), and here's my thoughts on where I would start with matching to a soap:
I would say that the American Blend would go with a pretty broad variety of soaps, anything "Barbershop" or "Spice" scented in particular would be my first ones to try.
There are two vetivers, a Fresh and a Green (I think), I like the Fresh and think the Green is a little too powdery for my liking. I think the Fresh Vetiver would also go with a pretty broad variety of soaps. If you have something with either an earthy/ damp earth scent, that would probably be a good combo. Or maybe something with a hint of smokiness? A bright "green" grassy scent would be good, too, I think.
Either one would be fine with a soap that is just a good clean soapy smell. Tabac? MWF? Most of Fine's aftershaves are pretty boldly-scented, I've never had a soap with a scent strong enough that it would interfere with the scent of those AS.
Hope this helps.

Yes, that definitely helps. I have Tabac, Cella, Proraso green, several sandalwood soaps, and a lavender (which isn't high on my list). I'm guessing most of my regular soaps fit the American Blend best. I'll probably get the AB and Fresh Vetiver so I can smell them.

Buy your Fine after shaves ASAP. They made an announcement that they are going to $20 a bottle. That is a good sized increase as a percent.....33%

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Couldn't take it anymore. Had to get the Green Vetiver. I love Geurlain Vetiver, and this stuff does not disappoint. Nice lasting menthol too. Very nice.

I need to quit looking at threads like this. I definitely don't need anymore soaps or aftershaves but since I have Guerlain Vetiver I might as well grab some Green Vetiver soap & aftershave. I had to do a little bit of searching to find a source still selling the aftershave for $15.

Top Bottom