What's new

Goulet order, Iroshizuku samples

Just placed an order with Goulet for samples of Noodler's Black, Diamine Blue-Black, Iroshizuku Kon-peki and Shin-ryoku, 2 of the cleaning syringes he sells, and a J Herbin glass dip pen. Really excited for them to get here! I think what I'm most excited about are the Iro samples. I ordered the Kon-peki because it is just a unique shade of blue that stands out to me for some reason even through my notorious colorblindness and I grabbed some of the Shin-ryoku because green is my favorite color. I've seen Brian Goulet use the Kon-peki in various pens on videos before, but what about the Shin-ryoku? Does anyone have any experience with that one?

i think i have, used it on some Xmas cards... but it's been a few years. i think it's a vibrant green with low saturation, but don't hold me to that

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I use my Shin-ryoku on Christmas cards as well. All of the Iro inks are awesome in their performance of the half dozen or so that I've tried, and I've never heard a negative about one, other than someone simply not liking a certain color. S-R is certainly a vibrant green, maybe a bit much for daily writing, but YMMV.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's a green, tending a tiny bit toward turquoise.

IIRC, saturation and performance is just like all the other Iroshizukus ... "Iroshizuki"?? Can we latin-ise a Japanese word for plurals??

What about the Diamine and Noodler's? I just bought the basic colors because I'm going to be more of a fountain pen user than a collector and want to find a go-to ink for when I'm taking notes in class or sitting for an exam. Noodler's seems to get great reviews and apparently the guy who makes it and Brian Goulet have some sort of partnership going on and they worked on developing an ink together. Anyway, I just thought I'd give them a try so I can at least say I have experience with them.

I like the Diamine Blue-Black. It is one of those with a hint of green, similar (by my eye) to Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo and Noodler's Blue Black. Goulet is a great company to work with and I have enjoyed sampling inks. I really like his ink syringes and refilling empty cartridges.

I wanted a Water-resistant Blue Black for work so I chose the Noodler's as my everyday work ink in a Pilot Metropolitan. I mostly work in the field, often in inclement weather and my pens are always in danger of being damaged or lost so this combination works well for me.

While I have not tried it, I believe the Noodler's Black is a nice water-resistant ink, which may be of benefit to you depending upon your needs.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Can't go wrong with Noodler's Bullet Proof Black. So far has worked well in all of my pens that I've tried it in.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What about the Diamine and Noodler's? I just bought the basic colors because I'm going to be more of a fountain pen user than a collector and want to find a go-to ink for when I'm taking notes in class or sitting for an exam. Noodler's seems to get great reviews and apparently the guy who makes it and Brian Goulet have some sort of partnership going on and they worked on developing an ink together. Anyway, I just thought I'd give them a try so I can at least say I have experience with them.

You have good ones there.

Top Bottom