What's new

Mystic Water Shave Soap

I still have three pucks of MW in my soap drawer and am slowly using up my stock. This stuff is just fantastic.

The wife and I bought about 15 bars of shower soap from her last Christmas. It is outstanding as well. Highly recommended.

I still have three pucks of MW in my soap drawer and am slowly using up my stock. This stuff is just fantastic.

The wife and I bought about 15 bars of shower soap from her last Christmas. It is outstanding as well. Highly recommended.

very cool. Is the shower soap a good strong scent? They really look nice on the website.

This has been my principal soap for almost four years, now. Michelle has an amazing gift with combining EO/FOs and producing some of the most loveliest scents I have ever tried in soaps! I am unashamedly addicted to them. :001_wub:

I tried again this morning with the Jeff's Lavender shave stick, which for me has an awesome scent. This time I loaded like crazy, until I almost had a paste on much of my face. Then I worked the lather with my damp TGN badger, adding water just a bit at a time until the paste started getting some sheen and viscosity to it.

The lather was pretty good, still a bit unstable, breaking down a bit by the second pass. But despite that, the slickness was superb. After-shave feel is excellent, perhaps one of the best. And did I mention the scent? Fantastic herbal, grassy version of lavender.

I'm going to try lathering with reverse osmosis water, which I keep on hand for a saltwater aquarium. The hardness in my water may be causing lathering issues. And I'm sure my technique can be refined further.

I'm really surprised at my initial problem because I have a lot of soaps -- Mikes, B&M, Arko, Speick, Palmolive, LaToja, etc. and I've had zero problems with lather stability. But I'm pretty sure I will get MW dialed in. In fact, today's lather was not bad at all. I would use it based on scent and slickness alone.

You may want to follow the advice given below. Most folks who have trouble with this soap just aren't working it enough. Spend a bit more time working it once you load enough and keep it well hydrated. It really is a fantastic soap and good luck.

I'm glad you're getting it dialed in. I also had similar problems. I pm'ed Celestino and he gave me some tips. I seem to have it dialed in now. I also have very hard water. My tips would be load like crazy and add water very very slowly. MW will take a lot more working, and less water. It will not lather easily like coconut oil based soaps. I use a TGN knot and bowl lather for a long time between adding drops of water. Now I get the same results from my tap water as my RO/ distilled, etc water (I've tried them all). It didn't make much difference. The really working it in the bowl was the key for me. Good luck .

This has been my principal soap for almost four years, now. Michelle has an amazing gift with combining EO/FOs and producing some of the most loveliest scents I have ever tried in soaps! I am unashamedly addicted to them. :001_wub:

You may want to follow the advice given below. Most folks who have trouble with this soap just aren't working it enough. Spend a bit more time working it once you load enough and keep it well hydrated. It really is a fantastic soap and good luck.

Thank you AZ and celestino for the words of lathering wisdom. I appreciate it very much. This kind of constructive info is what makes B and B terrific.

I'd like to offer some advice to anyone having trouble creating a stable lather with this soap.
Do not load your brush and then move to your face or bowl to create your lather. Instead, create your lather on the puck. Then move to the bowl or your face for the final fine tuning if desired.
I am an exclusive face latherer, and this procedure solved any minor lather issues I had, and doesn't add any appreciable work.
Brucered has a video that shows this somewhere.

very cool. Is the shower soap a good strong scent? They really look nice on the website.

Yes. They are smaller than they look but they last a long time. And, they are so much better on your skin than those nasty detergent bars you can get at Costco, etc.

Yes. They are smaller than they look but they last a long time.

Do you know what these weigh? I coudn't find that on her website. But I can add her shampoo bars looked, based on the size, like they wouldn't last very long but I'm going to get about a month out of the first one with shampooing daily.

The bath soap averages 4.5 oz but it's dense and long lasting - in fact, it's something that everyone comments on. A market customer today said that she'd been using a bar of the salt soap to wash her face twice a day for eight months, and still had some left. You just can't leave it in a puddle of water, but that goes for all soap, especially handmade.

Love Mystic Water. So many great scents. My favorites are Lily of the Valley, Lavender/Lime, Rosalimon, and Cedar & Sage. It's been a while since I've visited her site, but Michelle has added a ton of new scents since I saw it last. I may have to order a bunch of samples. Really interested in trying Bay Rum, Irish Traveler, Barbershop, Adirondack Jack, Poggio dei Pini, and "MW Marrakesh". I really wish she'd bring back the Lavender/Lime. I need to get some more of that awesome soap. And for anyone looking for lathering tips for Mystic Water, check out the videos posted on her site. I've got a starring role in those!

Last edited:
Celestino and KJ brought my attention to these soaps and they're fantastic I have not tried the Bay Rum. As I am now using summer scents. The following are exquisite

coconut lime verbena
barbershop
orange vanilla
and the big surprise for me was the Jasmine. It is amazing and I usually am not a fan of florals.

Also i blasted through a sample lemon and blue gum

Michelle's soaps are great. I see my wallet daring much more. LOL

I got some samples in the mail a couple of weeks ago and they smell great. Really great. But I still can't get them to lather correctly. I've tried three times now and all I am getting is some airy lather that disappears on my face after a minute or two. I've tried really loading the brush and then gradually adding a few drops of water in a bowl, but that hasn't worked for me. I even tried, as someone suggested, lathering straight in the bowl with the soap, but I got the same results. I really want this stuff to work, so I'll keep trying... Does the airy lather mean I'm not using enough water?

Too much water. Or hot water.
I go in with a damp brush and swirl, add a few drop, swirl and repeat for a while.
Then go to face and start to build, adding little water at a time. Keep it cool, do not use hot water, do not use a hot scuttle.

Too much water. Or hot water.
I go in with a damp brush and swirl, add a few drop, swirl and repeat for a while.
Then go to face and start to build, adding little water at a time. Keep it cool, do not use hot water, do not use a hot scuttle.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Mystic Water has performed nothing short of fantstically for me as a soap. I have tried a bunch of samples and haven't come across anything that I really didn't like scentwise. Tops for me so far are Bay Rum, Poggio del Pini and Jeff's Lavender. Can't wait to try them all!

Pete <:-}

I just love MW soaps! I've got three but at the moment I'm using mainly one as it's a warm scent and the other two I prefer in spring/summer.

- Ginger Spice (winter soap)
- Viola di Bosco
- Lemon & bluegum

All of the lathered great with my Semogue boar but now I'm using synthetics and the lather is just as awesome as the boar but in a LOT less time! I load about half of what I did with the boar and the lather is complete within 1 minute of face lathering!
The post shave is awesome!

Top Bottom