What's new

A Year of Shaving, right!

Saw this in the store the other day. It claimed to be an entire year of shaves in one pack. I call BS. Unless they meant a year of poor shaves. $uploadfromtaptalk1432255123772.jpg

yeh, i suppose some would drag out the life of their carts, but as you said, wouldn't be a comfortable shave.

To be fair, if Brett's any indication of the product you'll have a permanent 5'oclock shadow everywhere you go, or at least when interviewed on national TV or local news. So yeah, 12 blades ought to do it for the year...

Might work for someone that has very little facial hair, but not for my beard. Probably wouldn't last me a week.

I used to use a Mach 3 for so many months I'd lose track. The shave was sufficiently sub-par that I couldn't tell the difference when I used a brand-new one, so why not use it until the day it literally stopped making a visible difference (not aiming for DFS or BBS).

I would use my Mach 3 carts for 2 months. Not comfortable at that point, but still perfectly functional at the 1 month point. So it's possible.

Might work for someone that has very little facial hair, but not for my beard. Probably wouldn't last me a week.

Good point... Some people have more facial hair, coarser hair, etc. My friend can't go more than 3 or 4 shaves with a Fusion. $20/mo for blades!

Good point... Some people have more facial hair, coarser hair, etc. My friend can't go more than 3 or 4 shaves with a Fusion. $20/mo for blades!

2 shaves with a Fusion is the max for me. 1st shave sucks, a handful of weepers. 2nd shave is worse, a good dozen plus weepers, most on my neck where there is no grain at all, and if I don't have the beard the scar on my chin will be shredded pretty good. I'd rather wax my face than try a 3rd shave.

With the cost of canned goo added in, I figured that daily shaving with carts was costing $2.50 per day, or a little over $900 per year.

Top Bottom