What's new

New DE shaver. And thank goodness for that.

Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello real quick, and a thank you for a ton of great advice. I've been shaving with a Gillette super adjustable that I scored off my dad a few months ago and it's been delightful, in large part to the help I've gotten from the forums. I've got an OCD disorder, trichotillomania, that causes me to pull and pick at my beard hairs. Shaving with cartridges and electric razors was a lousy chore, which meant I'd often skip it and have a couple of days worth of stubble to pick at. Now with wet shaving, it's something I look forward to and rarely miss a day, which over the few months has resulted in much healthier skin on my face.

So if someone with the same compulsion happens to read this, wet shaving may be worth considering - it doesn't necessarily cure the condition, but it certainly eliminates some of the contributing factors.

-S.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B! Glad that DE shaving is helping you with your OCD! Now that you have discovered DE shaving, you will likely begin to experience a whole slew of different disorders. These are "acquisition disorders" that include, but aren't limited to: RAD (razor acquisition disorder), SBAD (shaving brush acquisition disorder), SSAD/SCAD (shaving soap/cream acquisition disorder...you get the picture :lol:! Good luck and glad to have you with us!

Welcome to B&B! Glad that DE shaving is helping you with your OCD! Now that you have discovered DE shaving, you will likely begin to experience a whole slew of different disorders. These are "acquisition disorders" that include, but aren't limited to: RAD (razor acquisition disorder), SBAD (shaving brush acquisition disorder), SSAD/SCAD (shaving soap/cream acquisition disorder...you get the picture :lol:! Good luck and glad to have you with us!

There's no cure

Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello real quick, and a thank you for a ton of great advice. I've been shaving with a Gillette super adjustable that I scored off my dad a few months ago and it's been delightful, in large part to the help I've gotten from the forums. I've got an OCD disorder, trichotillomania, that causes me to pull and pick at my beard hairs. Shaving with cartridges and electric razors was a lousy chore, which meant I'd often skip it and have a couple of days worth of stubble to pick at. Now with wet shaving, it's something I look forward to and rarely miss a day, which over the few months has resulted in much healthier skin on my face.

So if someone with the same compulsion happens to read this, wet shaving may be worth considering - it doesn't necessarily cure the condition, but it certainly eliminates some of the contributing factors.

-S.

What year is it?

Top Bottom