What's new

Your travel setups.

proxy.php

A Plisson synthetic brush and a Gillette GII cartridge razor. Plus whatever soap stick or sub-100ml cream and aftershave I fancy.
For short trips (cabin baggage only), I also use a synthetic and a GII razor. For longer trips (checked bag), I use a Feather Popular DE razor.

Car travel - Gillette New LC, whatever blade is up, BodyShop synthetic, Palmolive cream tube and aftershave sample bottle with whatever I fill it with.
Air travel - single blade disposable - the yellow one. All other things remain the same.

Carry on or check in optional. The razor is British Tech with flat bottom. The LEA stick works with every water. Never leave home without mirror, B&B holster and tube for the brush (behind the brush!).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a travel kit. I just head to target and hit up the travel section and buy some foam, a disposable, and some balm. I generally only fly and I don't want to have to worry about liquids spilling or checking my bag so I can carry blades. I am thinking about traveling with the R41 next time though and just using the crappy VDH ice blades that they sell or maybe the CVS personnas.

Krona. Always a nice shave and I have several spares if it goes missing. Porasso, Edwin Jagger travel brush, Three different packs of blades ( currently Feather, Polsilver, GSB)

Last edited:

I travel light. Couple creams or sticks, Travel Tech head and Bakelite handle, ER travel brush with a 16 mm TGN Finest, and some 444.

For checked luggage (same if I'm driving):

1. My favorite razor in a piece of PVC pipe that I placed in a vice and squeezed to flatten it out and make it just wide enough to hold the razor. Duct tape over each end with a little toilet paper stuffed in to keep razor from moving. It ain't pretty, but it is secure.

2. My everyday Escali brush and cheap plastic stand (I leave my high-dollar brushes at home).

3. Arko puck container that is holding a soap sample from Stirling. Perfect fit.

4. Little plastic bottle with screw-on top for 3 oz (or less) of Clubman Pinaud.

I'll be a heretic. I usually take an Atra or Mach 3 with a small Muhle travel brush and either a shave stick or a small EJ puck. Neutragena balm with SPF 20 protection as my trips usually end up someplace with sun.

I travel by air a fair bit (approximately 3 MM total over the years), often international.

During this time I have become a "one bag" carry on traveler with a minimal set up (old M3, Pacific Shaving Oil, and small container of OS AS). Recently added a travel brush (still deciding between Simpson's Special and Classic 1) and am about to add half a stick of Arko. The latter two are considered "luxuries" in the "one bag world." But I have found that I need some luxury as I get older!

Good afternoon men, I rarely travel, but when I do, I like to have some comfort. I used to travel extremely light, but no longer. I scored this Penguin toiletries bag on eBay, but walmart still carries them -
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436724165.027534.jpg
Here's a photo of what I carry in the bag. -
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436724224.260604.jpg
As you can see, you can fit quite a lot in the Penguin bag, and in a suitcase or overnight bag it only takes up about the same space as a pair of jeans. In my experience, life is too short not to enjoy as much as possible, and since traditional shaving is one of the few pleasures I can afford myself, why scrimp?

I use an old pill bottle with a tech razor and a pack of blades. It fit perfect and supports the razor from shiffiting around. I got a good deal on a travel art of shaving brush a year or so ago. I travel with Akro soap becuase it cheap and for a bowl Ill use the hotel coffe cup or whatever glass is around. I did look at a cheap SS bowl o Amazon.

I just made this travel case for one of my Techs. Now I just need to come up with a case for my brush, and toss some SC, ASB and a package of blades in my dopp.

Attachments

• $012.jpg
    $012.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 90
  • $014.jpg
    $014.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 92
Went to the Keys for a weekend getaway. Forgot to put the travel brush in the Dopp after the last trip! O Melhor is just great as a brushless cream! The Travel Tech and an Astra SP were all I needed.

This is my Dopp bag
$20151011_232143.jpg

This is the more or less current contents. Usually it's at my girlfriends place these days, but if I am doing other things - camping, or travelling, etc it changes, also working out a new bar soap solution, so I did not include that. Also, that mirror is really for camping, I just don't bother to remove it. I currently also do not include any aftershave, but planning to get a new one too.
$20151011_232021.jpg
the blades are Personna's, the brush is a cheap, no name synthetic that was on sale for $1 at a store if you bought their shaving soap(It wasn't very good) and I do include a few other small doodads not pictured, liek a bandaid or 2, and an alcohol swab.
Here is everything in the bag:
$20151011_232440.jpg
Additionally, I (currently) keep a second bag of similar size with shampoo, contact lens fluids, and deoderant/antipersp. For at the girlfriends place, space isn't an issue. For most other purposes that bag gets dropped.

Top Bottom