What's new

I need a new summer soap

I'm going to pre-celebrate summer by picking up a new puck. I'm looking for something bold, but not too heavy (like a baby rum or sandalwood scent which is my winter pick). I have most of the Sterling lineup, proraso green (my all time fave), tabs, mwf. I'm not terribly price sensitive. Any suggestions?

May i suggest Soap Commander Courage? Its incredible. Not heavy scent at all - very fresh and invigorating. Peppercorn, Citrus and Cedar. Its 'bright' and fresh, an AMAZING performer, comes in an awesome tall and wide tub to make it a pleasure to load. Its Winter here in Australia, and i just got mine 3 days ago...and as soon as i smelt it i thought 'WOW...this will be an amazing go to soap/scent during Summer!'. Their matching balm is also a total winner. not just any old plain balm, its like a moisturizing lotion with the Courage scent AND added menthol (in the balm only). AMAZING match.
Just my 2 cent!

DRH Arlington, Barrister & Mann Adagio (available June 21) or Seville.
Palmolive sticks aren't particularly "summer" but they are a mild, fresh scent

For cream, this dirty cheap option: Arko Moist. Light menthol, soapy smell that doesn't smell like the stick.

Last edited:
Shannon's, have 2 new summer scents out Lemon Freeze and Coconut Lime mine are in the mail.
QCS, Iced Key Lime, wonderful Lime scent with a good hit of menthol.
Stirling, Lime, good strength scent without any menthol.
B&M, Ferox, Grapefruit very refreshing.
Jabonman, Citricos, a Lemon type scent, good scent strength.

B&M Rosemary and Peppermint. Not as bracing as menthol , but truly invigorating. If you cold water shave it feels amazing. Perhaps my favorite soap.

Thanks all. Holy smoke, I have some narrowing down to do. Might have to stretch it and go for two or three scents (we all knew that would happen, right?). One question about the Stirling Black Ice - Is it just a menthol soap like RR Brain Freeze (not really any scent), or does it actually have scent? If so, what is the scent?

Thanks all. Holy smoke, I have some narrowing down to do. Might have to stretch it and go for two or three scents (we all knew that would happen, right?). One question about the Stirling Black Ice - Is it just a menthol soap like RR Brain Freeze (not really any scent), or does it actually have scent? If so, what is the scent?

It's scent is anise (black liquorice.) I don't see it on the site anymore - did they stop carryinhg it? You could also go with the Glacial Obsidian, which they describe as "Black Ice on stroids."

It's scent is anise (black liquorice.) I don't see it on the site anymore - did they stop carryinhg it? You could also go with the Glacial Obsidian, which they describe as "Black Ice on stroids."

I didn't see Black Ice or Anise either, glad I picked up two last week with two Frozen Tundra pucks. Maybe Glacial Obsidian will be the only Anise offered, hopefully he'll reconsider for those who don't want a total freeze.

Top Bottom