What's new

Portland Razor Updates

I thought I would post this thread as a means of helping those of us in the build queue figure out when we might be seeing a "ship notice" from PRC without having to distract Hunter as he tries to fill orders. To whit . . .

The last known order I can recall being filled (for a Member) was placed on or about February 12th. I THINK. Can anyone who has received a Notice from PRC chime in and let us know when you placed your order. I know we have seen pics from an order placed on the 3rd of February, but I am pretty sure that newer orders than that have been filled. Not looking for Custom work, just the stock orders.

Just to be open, my order was placed on the 19th, and I know one other member had one placed on the same day (maybe the 20th?). No luck on my end.

I ordered an 8/8 Hydra on February 3rd and was told recently that it would be another 3 weeks before it was started. A co-worker ordered a Siren on February 13th, and hasn't had a shipping notice. I hope Scott is doing well now. I haven't seen any updates as to if he has been released from the hospital. I'll just keep waiting patiently until it arrives :001_smile

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Ordered mine on the 18th of February. I haven't heard one peep from PRC. I haven't even received the e-mail that many of you have received in regards to the wait time.

Only reason I have received an e-mail is because I made an inquiry. As much as I may fault them for the delay in announcing Scott's medical issues (and those ARE private, after all), they do respond quickly to direct questions. You ordered 1 day before me, lets hope we hear something soon.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Only reason I have received an e-mail is because I made an inquiry. As much as I may fault them for the delay in announcing Scott's medical issues (and those ARE private, after all), they do respond quickly to direct questions. You ordered 1 day before me, lets hope we hear something soon.

While I'm trying to stay optimistic of the situation, I'd have to disagree about the quick responses. I'd sent an email regarding different customization options over a week before I ordered my razor and strop. It wasn't until a few days after I decided to place an order for a stock razor that I received an email from Scott claiming that my original inquiry had "slipped through the cracks". Even though the flood had already occurred, I was still quoted on a 7-8 week delivery time. I'm beginning to feel that PRC is conducting poor business practices. I get a little more irritated every time I see them post stuff on social media about the events they are involved in instead of delivering their product to the customers that have been waiting for over a month past their due date. The razor I can wait for, but I wish I had never ordered a strop from them because I've been involved in the restraints and have been stropping my straights with nothing but a WD Poor Man's strop for the past 5 1/2 months. I'm sorry for ranting, but I have never supported a company that has been this neglectful of their expectations. I just hope that the razor and strop they deliver will justify the wait.

While I'm trying to stay optimistic of the situation, I'd have to disagree about the quick responses. I'd sent an email regarding different customization options over a week before I ordered my razor and strop. It wasn't until a few days after I decided to place an order for a stock razor that I received an email from Scott claiming that my original inquiry had "slipped through the cracks". Even though the flood had already occurred, I was still quoted on a 7-8 week delivery time. I'm beginning to feel that PRC is conducting poor business practices. I get a little more irritated every time I see them post stuff on social media about the events they are involved in instead of delivering their product to the customers that have been waiting for over a month past their due date. The razor I can wait for, but I wish I had never ordered a strop from them because I've been involved in the restraints and have been stropping my straights with nothing but a WD Poor Man's strop for the past 5 1/2 months. I'm sorry for ranting, but I have never supported a company that has been this neglectful of their expectations. I just hope that the razor and strop they deliver will justify the wait.

Cannot argue with the bolded comments in any way, as I feel the same way. But back to business . . .

Ordered 5 January and delivered at the beginning of May.

Luckily, I do not have a dog in this fight as the razor I ordered back in November was delivered (not on time, I might add). I said my peace on another thread on this topic, so I will not fan the flames with it again here. What I will say is that PRC makes a good razor at an affordable price. I hope that Scott is able to get on top of this issue by one of the many ways that were discussed previously.

I am going out on a limb and say July . . . don't ask me to pin down WHICH July, though . . . (gallows humour)

I think that Hunter is doing a better job of being up front about things, posting on the site's blog. As a Customer waiting on his purchase I appreciate that. I can also appreciate the notion that a Small Business is not going to want to advertise production issues that are Employees related, particularly when it is a two (three) man show like PRC. That said, I am more than a little annoyed at the idea that my money is sitting with them for going on 6 weeks past the given date when ordered and nothing beyond a pro forma apology and a "we're trying our best to catch up" explanation has been forthcoming. I honestly think that they WILL catch up, if only because there will be a fair number of potential Customers who are going to take a wait and see approach after everything that has happened. I just hope it does not impact them long term, not just because I do not wish to lose my purchase, but because they seem to have built a positive reputation in a short amount of time prior to these medical issues affecting Scott.

Even back when I ordered I would have preferred a more realistic delivery time frame, or possibly a moratorium on new orders until they were able to either catch up or refine their processes.

Top Bottom