What's new

Favorite James Bond Theme Song

My favorite is from You Only Live Twice.

The most striking is Goldfinger's theme. Kind of gets on my nerves though.

Edit:

LOL! Looks like I'm the only one (so far) who puts You Only Live Twice in the #1 slot.

Not anymore! :thumbup1:

Edit #2:

Ok, so I heard the Madonna song. I have to agree that it really doesn't work in the Bond setting. Stand alone, I guess it's ok if you're into that kind of thing. Also, the Sheryl Crow song did not float my boat. She doesn't have the type of voice for a Bond opener.

Last edited:
I have seen all the James Bond films many times but the only theme song that sticks in my head is Goldfinger.

Favorite James Bond song...I hate to limit myself to one.
Live and Let Die
Nobody Does it Better
For Your Eyes Only
Diamonds are Forever
View to a Kill

1) On Her Majesty's Secret Service instrumental
2) Live And Let Die
3) A View To A Kill
4) Diamonds Are Forever
5) You Only Live Twice

Last edited:
Another for Goldfinger followed by Diamonds Are Forever. I think Shirley Bassey just nailed it with those two.

For fans of the music from the early movies, there is a wonderful album I've been enjoying lately called Basie Meets Bond where Count Basie and his orchestra give their classic swing treatment to music from the first four bond films.

Nobody Does it Better
For Your Eyes Only
Live andLet Die
If You Asked Me To (Patti LaBelle closing credits song on License to Kill, the only good thing about that film)

Rolling Stone's List

1. Live and Let Die - McCartney
2. Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey
3. Nobody Does it Better - Carly Simon
4. You Only Live Twice - Nancy Sinatra
5. Diamonds are Forever - Shirley Bassey (again)
6. View to a Kill - Duran Duran
7. Die Another Day - Madonna
8. From Russia With Love - Matt Monro (who?)
9. We Have All the Time in the World - Louis Armstrong
10. Thunderball - Tom Jones

That said, "You Only Live Twice" has the one-two punch of great music and pretty good lyrics. Not a great movie, but a classic tune.

Probably Live and Let Die.

Nobody Does it Better, or Live and Let Die. Though I have a soft spot for Goldfinger.

If the GNR version of Live and Let Die is disallowed, I have to go with Goldfinnnngaaa or Thunderball.

Live and Let Die for me.

A View to a Kill a close second, although it is the only song to reach #1 in the charts, not even Madonna could pull that.

Rolling Stone's List

1. Live and Let Die - McCartney
2. Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey
3. Nobody Does it Better - Carly Simon
4. You Only Live Twice - Nancy Sinatra
5. Diamonds are Forever - Shirley Bassey (again)
6. View to a Kill - Duran Duran
7. Die Another Day - Madonna
8. From Russia With Love - Matt Monro (who?)
9. We Have All the Time in the World - Louis Armstrong
10. Thunderball - Tom Jones

1. Live and Let Die
2. Nobody Does it Better
3. Goldfinger
4. View to a Kill
5. Diamonds are Forever
6. You Only Live Twice

After that, I don't think it matters.

LOL! Looks like I'm the only one (so far) who puts You Only Live Twice in the #1 slot.

Goldfinger, followed by Live and Let Die.
It seems we have a favorite. ...Paul's song rules

Skyfall but mainly because it's a Daniel Craig film and he's the best Bond ever.

Goldfinger is number two.

Die Another Day was pretty good, but I'd say it's a distant third.

Skyfall but mainly because it's a Daniel Craig film and he's the best Bond ever.

Goldfinger is number two.

Die Another Day was pretty good, but I'd say it's a distant third.
I like Daniel as all time favorite, followed by Moore. ...but not the song.

I wouldn't call Daniel Craig the best Bond ever. I've still got to give that to Connery by a hair. That being said, Daniel Craig is exactly what the franchise needed (along with the change of tone) and If I had grown up watching Craig instead of Connery I'd probably prefer him by a tiny bit.

I think Adele was a good modern choice to sing a bond theme. She has a nice voice for it.

I wouldn't call Daniel Craig the best Bond ever. I've still got to give that to Connery by a hair. That being said, Daniel Craig is exactly what the franchise needed (along with the change of tone) and If I had grown up watching Craig instead of Connery I'd probably prefer him by a tiny bit.

I think Adele was a good modern choice to sing a bond theme. She has a nice voice for it.

I agree.

Top Bottom