What's new

How to shave Jawlines?

Hey guys ,

Im gettin quite desperate now.

Ive been shaving with a Straight since january now but cant manage to get my jawlines bbs. I do shave every day and i always do 3 passes (wtg\xtg\atg)

I ve tried to stretch my skin more to get that area up to my cheeks but i get very heavy Irritation. I guess The Problem is The area of contact with The blade. When im finished i use my Wilkinson sword Classic to clean up my jawlines. Otherwise there would be stubborn left. How do You Straightusers get that area shaved bbs?

Reguards

Daniel

Last edited:
Hey guys ,

Im gettin quite desperate now.

Ive been shaving with a Straight since january now but cant manage to get my jawlines bbs. I do shave every day and i always do 3 passes (wtg\xtg\atg)

I ve tried to stretch my skin more to get that area up to my cheeks but i get very heavy Irritation. I guess The Problem is The area of contact with The blade. When im finished i use my Wilkinson sword Classic to clean up my jawlines. Otherwise there would be stubborn left. How do You Straightusers get that area shaved bbs?

Reguards

Daniel

That area took me a while to master. I do a lot of stretching there too. The fact that you are getting irritation though indicates to me that you are either using too much blade angle and/or pressure to get the area clean. You won't need any more pressure or angle than any other area of your face. Try to relax and go slow. I found the success in that area to be incremental and took some time - like a couple months - to finally get it right. Then it was on to the mustache area and the chin. The chin is still a problem area for me after a year of straight shaving.

Yes Same Results with different Soaps and creams mustache and chin areas are no Problem at all. It just that 1-2\8" thin stripe where TH e chin turns into The throat.

Last edited:
Try switching up to WTG/ATG/XTG...that helped me. Also stretching, crazy stretching...like extreme stretching! I also use a pre-shave gel...no irritation. :thumbup:

Good luck!

I finally nailed it. Never thought it would be that simple.
I just bend back my head, bent it to the opposite side of where I'm shaving and here s the trick that's worked for me: I just flipped my straight upside down. So the tip I showing down now. Now my Jawlines are BBS tooo

I finally nailed it. Never thought it would be that simple.
I just bend back my head, bent it to the opposite side of where I'm shaving and here s the trick that's worked for me: I just flipped my straight upside down. So the tip I showing down now. Now my Jawlines are BBS tooo

Congrats! :thumbup:

I have a lot of problems with that area also as it is the only part of my face that does not get BBS regularly....are all problem areas so easily fixed with either face contortion and shave prep? Living and learning daily.....

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Correct. Everyone says "practice makes perfect;" it doesn't. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice make perfect.
I'm nearly 700 shaves in and still do not go XTG or even use my off-hand for anything but stretching, because that's what I taught myself.

Haven’t posted here in a while, but I have something to offer here! I find that if I open my mouth really wide when approaching that area with the straight it gets most of it, then, to get the rest of it it’s just a question of stretching when you do those under-the-chin passes. (I do mine towards the throat and it’s still the scariest part of the shave a year in.) I also find that, to my great dismay, prorazo preshave makes a huge difference in irritation on my jawline and neck area. I say “dismay” because I’d really like to be a minimalist shaver.

Top Bottom