Why Do You Hangout in the Mess Hall?

• To learn how to make a recipe

• To show off my creation

• To see what my friends are cooking

• I don't cook, I'm just lurking.

Results are only viewable after voting.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen.......Owen you know you want to......

I was in Sam's last night, and the had a tag saying "Last one- $509". They are normally $599. I almost cried. I hope the sign doesn't mean they won't be selling more in the future. Home Depot has the Pro, but the features on it do not, IMO, warrant the extra $100. Most likely, I won't be using an electric starter
Owen, Chris is sending you a large green package.
If he does, I am sure my mail man will be cussing me out :biggrin:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I was in Sam's last night, and the had a tag saying "Last one- $509". They are normally $599. I almost cried. I hope the sign doesn't mean they won't be selling more in the future. Home Depot has the Pro, but the features on it do not, IMO, warrant the extra $100. Most likely, I won't be using an electric starter

The prices here in NZ are, are......(I can't print the word I want to use here.) high. http://haulandbbqs.mybigcommerce.com/kamado-joe/?sort=featured&page=3

you could always ask them if they can order the model you want if they don't have it in stock and don't be shy asking for a discount, they can only say no.

I come in here for ideas about what to make most of the time. I also love seeing what some of you fine gents are capable of. When I'm back in the states and have more at my disposal than tuna flakes and miso, I'll be using a lot of the recipes listed here.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I come in here for ideas about what to make most of the time. I also love seeing what some of you fine gents are capable of. When I'm back in the states and have more at my disposal than tuna flakes and miso, I'll be using a lot of the recipes listed here.

Andrew, can you get baby back ribs or maybe a good smoked sausage in Japan?

I just like to see what you all are cooking. Love following the hot sauce junky thread. Plus I'm jealous of all the fine Mexican fare you all have at your finger tips.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I just like to see what you all are cooking. Love following the hot sauce junky thread. Plus I'm jealous of all the fine Mexican fare you all have at your finger tips.

I would be happy to send you a care package. Your package would include flour and corn tortillas, dried chili pods, fresh peppers, Mexican chocolate and some other assorted goodies. The trick though is you have to make a Mexican dish for of us to see.

I would be happy to send you a care package. Your package would include flour and corn tortillas, dried chili pods, fresh peppers, Mexican chocolate and some other assorted goodies. The trick though is you have to make a Mexican dish for of us to see.

There is always a catch :tongue_sm

Wish this were a multiple choice poll. Voted to learn a recipe but I also like to see what others are doing.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
  • Seeing what others are doing keeps me inspired enough to make more home cooked meals than I would otherwise. Home made means I know what went into it and I truly believe that picking the fresh ingredients etc. makes for a more healthy meal.
  • Passing on tips and absorbing tips from others. This is major for me.
  • B&B distinguishes itself in being helpful. The members participating in the Mess Hall are prime examples of this spirit of helpfulness.

WifeWife just asked what I was looking at. I told her I was reading about how to eat head on shrimp. She just rolled her eyes and said, "At least your not on that razor site again". I just smiled.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
WifeWife just asked what I was looking at. I told her I was reading about how to eat head on shrimp. She just rolled her eyes and said, "At least your not on that razor site again". I just smiled.
razor site.....there's a razor site?
Taking photos of my cooking gets a few comments, it's nothing but a good old fashioned ribbing. I forgot to delete the photos on HER tablet the other day...........woops

For me it is important to give back to this site, no matter how humble the offerings are. If we all come to just read, there will be nothing here.

Top Bottom