What's new

1st shave with RazoRock XXX

I finally decided to enter the 21st century, and join the rest of the wet shaving world and try XXX, and I only have one question: What the hell took me so long?

It really is an excellent soap. Easy to lather, slick and protective, and that scent; man oh man this stuff smells good. Got the aftershave to go with it and got a compliment from SWMBO right away. I know XXX is based on AdP Colonia, but is it just me or does this also smell a lot like Eau Sauvage? Either way, it is a fine soap and a classic scent, and as usual RazoRock delivers tremendous value.

I tried a Razorock soap (Zi Peppino) for the first time a few weeks ago and had the same reaction. What an amazing soap for less than $10! XXX is high on my list to try next.

Small world I had a excellent shave with my XXX this morning. I forgot how much I loved the scent and the performance.....
I actually put it away cause I thought it was a winter/fall scent boy was I wrong.....

Last edited:
Shortly after it was released, I was able to try it on a pass around, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. The performance was top notch, like every other RR soap I have or have tried. The scent, on the other hand, was weak. I couldn't tell where the smell of the soap stopped and the XXX fragrance began, it was that poor.

That said, during my restock window from the 2014 Sabbatical, I picked up a few RR soaps and matching AS, XXX among them. I hope that with a few more uses the scent might wake up and be as pleasant to me as to many others that have used it and love it. I also picked up the soap/AS in Freedburg and Tight Buns as the same time. I will say I am a big fan of the XX soap, so I'm hoping that XXX will become as much a favourite as it's brother.

I have only tried the 2nd release white tub version and its good stuff. For those who have tried different versions, how do the recent/current releases compare to older versions?

I'm also wondering about the current tubs and the scent. I had one of the new-ish releases in the last year and the scent wasn't that strong at all (this was the first release with the new, red logo).

Are the smells back now? I want the smells, I NEED THE SMELLS.

I'm also wondering about the current tubs and the scent. I had one of the new-ish releases in the last year and the scent wasn't that strong at all (this was the first release with the new, red logo).

Are the smells back now? I want the smells, I NEED THE SMELLS.
Buy the aftershave splash, the scent lasts all day. I sometimes notice it after work!

Top Bottom