What's new

Tommy Bahama Watch

That's a nice looking watch. I don't know much about the brand. I have a couple of pairs of their shorts....:001_rolle

Their watches are made by Geneva watch company. Who does a lot of different brands. It's one of their Japanese movement watches so it should come with a lifetime warranty on the movement.

I'm not too up on watches, however I'd make sure you aren't paying a premium for the Tommy Bahama branding. You might be able to find a better watch in that price range.

You might consider looking for an automatic watch in that price range. I think that should exist, but again, I'm not a watch guy. My reasoning behind this is that since you only wear a watch a few times a year, it would be a shame to pull it out for that wedding, and the battery is dead. An automatic will wind down if worn infrequently, but you can set the time whenever you need to wear it.

again, I'm not a watch guy, and I don't even own an automatic. That just makes sense in my head. I have a fairly cheap quartz watch, batter died and still haven't gotten around to replacing it 3 years later.

Last edited:
It's a nice looking watch, and if you are happy with it, that's what counts. It's a fashion brand, not an actual watch company, so there is a premium on the price.

I'm not too up on watches, however I'd make sure you aren't paying a premium for the Tommy Bahama branding. You might be able to find a better watch in that price range.

You might consider looking for an automatic watch in that price range. I think that should exist, but again, I'm not a watch guy. My reasoning behind this is that since you only wear a watch a few times a year, it would be a shame to pull it out for that wedding, and the battery is dead. An automatic will wind down if worn infrequently, but you can set the time whenever you need to wear it.

again, I'm not a watch guy, and I don't even own an automatic. That just makes sense in my head. I have a fairly cheap quartz watch, batter died and still haven't gotten around to replacing it 3 years later.

This is good advice. Admittedly, I am a watch snob and have no problem dropping $125K on a mechanical watch. We all buy what we can afford, I get that.

I also own 4 $200 Seiko's. For my money (at the same price point as a TB), buy a good Seiko or Citizen quartz watch. You are not going to get any more quality from an inexpensive Japanese mechanical movement than you would from a superior Japanese quartz movement. And for a couple hundred bucks, you will get a superior Japanese quartz movement.

For a budget of $200, go to TimeZone.com and buy a quality used Seiko quartz from The Sales Corner. You will thank me later.

Tommy Bahama is a brand. Seiko is a benchmark.

Last edited:
It's a corporate gift. I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a watch. I was just curious if it a decent piece. Just wondering what to expect.

Tommy Bahama is a fashion brand. Their watches are obviously made by a generic watch maker and branded Tommy Bahama. If you like the watch then that's great. If you're after a quality watch then I think there are better options.

Took them forever to get it to me!!! Absolutely stunning watch. Just not sure i'm much of a watch guy. The picture doesn't do it justice. I may need to get some better pics.
$20150730_135421.jpg

Nice looking watch, can't beat the price.
I have one of their older watches, runs great with no problems. I'm sure you will be happy for along time.

Top Bottom