What's new

Neck area irritation - help me solve this puzzle once and for all

One step at a time! I just started my DE wet shaving journey...

Any moisturizer in particular? I have quite a while to recover my razor burns or bumps since I only shave on Sundays - unless I have a big presentation or seeing a client or my wife forces me for an event (which is almost never because she likes the scruffy look).

Also, is it a good idea to use both the witch hazel and alum block?

Yes, yes to all. I find the Stirling Post-Shave Balm is great stuff. Fabulous fragrances and unscented version as well.

A locally available product Dove MEN+CARE Hydrate+ works well -- many stores carry it in north America.
Smells good too!
:euro:

Although I still practice with my DE, the best way I found is to use a single blade bic sensitive disposable for my touchups on my neck. This guarantees a smooth BBS without irritation.

Although I still practice with my DE, the best way I found is to use a single blade bic sensitive disposable for my touchups on my neck. This guarantees a smooth BBS without irritation.
I have very sensitive skin. My beard grows in different directions -- especially crazy on the neck. Razor burns and irritations were the norm until ... I used Feather blades in the inexpensive Feather razor. It's all a none issue anymore. Shaving is a joy. Never thought it could be so smooth and comfortable. If you haven't tried this combination, it might be worth it. I've turned the corner and not looking back. :thumbup:

To the OP, You may not like this idea, but i still cant figure out how to shave my neck comfortably with anything other than a straight razor. I was gonna set up a PIF in a couple weeks, but if you are game and in CONUS, ill send you one thats ready to go.

I've found a solution that works extremely well for me. Homeocan Calendula+ Cream. If I end up with a red neck after a shave, I apply a light coat of the cream (to my neck only) after the witch hazel. It works every time.

There is another brand—St. Francis Herb Farm Calendula Cream. It has more than twice as much calendula in it (10.5%), but it's a bit greasy, so I don't use it, unless I'm staying home.

The product is inexpensive, and a tube lasts me about 4 months.

Or, a little dab of white Proraso pre-shave on your neck might do it.

Top Bottom