What's new

Dry brush upside down or on its base?

How many of you guys dry your brush upside down?

Is it better to hang it on a stand so that the water doesn't go inside the knot? I decided to buy a drip stand for my animal-hair brushes to dry.

For my synthetics, they seem to usually just dry as soon as I'm done shaving

I bought a cheap chrome stand off amazon that holds the brush/razor quite nicely inside my medicine cabinet. Easy storage with a blade in the razor and keeps it out of the way.

$iu-2.jpeg

I have read that it really doesn't matter but I have always hung mine bristles down to dry. I use 3 of my stands so each brush hangs for 3 days before putting back into rotation. I used to use the plastic hangers but now use all that will hold razors as well. The plus to these is the brush opening is I think 31ish mm. So I can hang large knot brushes.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
As a force of habit, I hang mine upside down! :thumbsup:

[FONT=&amp]“Happiness is in the [shaving] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker[/FONT]

Last edited:
I dry my brushes bristles up. I shake them and towel dry them, so there's not much water left to cause damage.

With bristles down, water does not gravitate down into the dark and potentially mouldy knot. That especially has significance in the warm wet season. Any dust in the air would fall on the handle and outside bristles and not get in between them. Upside-down storage would typically be for in-reserve dry brushes in a cabinet.

Mine are hung brisles down. Sometimes if I'm in a rush when I finish shaving I'll leave them handle down on the shaving cabinet. I think if it meant the demise of your brush, brush makers would have a strict warning with every one shipped.

Have you compared sideway drying speed to base and upside down?
I've tried both and found upside down is faster.
But for the large brush, knot area always dried up slow.

I was just kidding, although I don't see why laying a brush on it's side wouldn't work. Maybe I should try it LOL!!

Top Bottom