What's new

Feather AS-D2

It never ceases to amaze me how many forumites don't 'get' this razor. I've also noticed how many posts talk up other DE razors but never mention this one. I get a rash/nick/weeper free BBS every day within 7 minutes less time as other razors I've tried. Never looked back after this perfectly machined gem.

People that say it's too mild obviously never figured it out. The feedback is very loud so I don't see how they are missing the angle.

These reviews are where you should start if considering this razor:

http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Stain...&sr=8-1&keywords=feather+asd2#customerReviews

I know, I look for people to talk to the AS-D2, while I have never used another razor, this with feather blades is just perfect. If I am not paying attention and allow the blade to slide I will slice myself. Love the feel, weight and thing does its job. Now as a noob I must perfect it. No reason to switch out of my Feather Razor !

I love mine. I have never got the aggressiveness argument, on any razor. I personally don't look to rip my skin off, if I want that I use a machete:w00t:.

I guess my my definition of aggressiveness is different.

Thanks a lot corncakes. This wasn't even on my radar due to prior reviews (tech knock-off, too mild, pricey, etc) but now you've got me thinking twice.. Get nicks and weepers here and there once in a while with my ATT M2, R2, and S2.. Lent my "go to" razor 34C to a recent convert who swears he'll return it after Father's day.. hence my RAD is flaring up a little.. Thought about getting on the Wolfman waiting list but could be shaving with this baby in 2 days.. D'oh!

It's the only razor I use AS-D2 with their own Feather blades - perfect combo, and since I started using it almost a year ago, I have barely lost a drop of blood. Just smooth, painless shaves. What's not to like?
Craig

It never ceases to amaze me how many forumites don't 'get' this razor. I've also noticed how many posts talk up other DE razors but never mention this one. I get a rash/nick/weeper free BBS every day within 7 minutes less time as other razors I've tried. Never looked back after this perfectly machined gem.

People that say it's too mild obviously never figured it out. The feedback is very loud so I don't see how they are missing the angle.

These reviews are where you should start if considering this razor:

http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Stain...&sr=8-1&keywords=feather+asd2#customerReviews

I've only tried a few razors, but so far I think I prefer the mild ones too. Just wouldn't presume to take what works for me and try to enforce it on everyone else. Because others could similarly tell us, "people who say it's too aggressive obviously haven't figured it out", about the more efficient razors they might prefer. Everyone's different.

But if i ever got an all stainless 3 piece, it would have to be that feather linked above considering how well even their plastic one has been working for me. Just holding out hope for a similarly mild all stainless tto, as unlikely as that is.

What gets me is when people complain without even trying it first. Their complain is based on other people opinions:blink:

My meaning of aggressiveness is this, if I get a BBS shave out of a razor without nicks and cuts, that's aggressive enough for me:thumbup1:. And the Feather, among others I own, provide this level of comfort.

I agree completely. I've had perfect BBS shaves with no irritation from mine. No difficulty finding the cutting angle, lower the handle until you hear and feel the whiskers being cut. I've read all the conjecture about "fully machined vs. sintered/MIM". If you use it for shaving rather than opening paint cans it will last a lifetime. Then there's the chrome plating which some feel that, once breached, the razor will suddenly start corroding and deteriorate into a pile of oxidized powder before your very eyes. Several of the top guys that replate razors have removed this plating for custom replate jobs and have confirmed that Feather's matte chrome is extremely hard and difficult to get off. Stronger than the DLC, ARC, Teflon, and others which seem so popular, yet don't receive the criticism that the Feather does. Were the same exact razor to be manufactured domestically, it would receive glowing reviews and be fawned over for it's technological superiority and good ol' fashioned know-how.

I like my AS-D2 quite a bit and thought it might be the best razor ever until I acquired a British RFB NEW and an American NEW Deluxe. Now my poor Feather feels quite lonely.

But it is a nice razor and does give a smooth, quality shave. I just don't think it quite measures up to the above two razors, which, IMHO, are the best shaving razors ever designed by the mind of man.

Thanks a lot corncakes. This wasn't even on my radar due to prior reviews (tech knock-off, too mild, pricey, etc) but now you've got me thinking twice.. Get nicks and weepers here and there once in a while with my ATT M2, R2, and S2.. Lent my "go to" razor 34C to a recent convert who swears he'll return it after Father's day.. hence my RAD is flaring up a little.. Thought about getting on the Wolfman waiting list but could be shaving with this baby in 2 days.. D'oh!

The razor is wonderful , make sure you get the feather blades yellow, as the razor was designed for that specific blade

I've grown to like it too. This razor with a Feather blade is ideal. It only takes playing around with it to find the best angle for you.

My daily driver, too. I like that it is mild, gives me no concerns about the feather blades and I get fantastic shaves. Not looking for any other razor any time soon.

Love my AS-D2. It gets a ton of use. Not overly aggressive, but very effective/smooth and looks awesome as well.

Easily the best razor I've used--and I've had everything from ATT 7-piece sets to vintage razors from well before WW2.

Easily the best razor I've used--and I've had everything from ATT 7-piece sets to vintage razors from well before WW2.

I like my AS-D2 quite a bit and thought it might be the best razor ever until I acquired a British RFB NEW and an American NEW Deluxe. Now my poor Feather feels quite lonely.

But it is a nice razor and does give a smooth, quality shave. I just don't think it quite measures up to the above two razors, which, IMHO, are the best shaving razors ever designed by the mind of man.

@ kingfisher: Sssh, don't tell everybody. I'm still picking up a few more.:001_smile

I agree, Tom.

Now ... Gents, can I have your attention please ...

proxy.php

Top Bottom