What's new

New Feather Lover

I've been wet shaving for about two months now and finally used a feather blade....
I'm hooked! Easily the most comfortable shave, during and after, that I've had since. For the new wet shaver out there like me, don't be afraid of them! Give em a go!

I love Feathers. We had a sort of rocky start to our relationship at the beginning, but after a few weeks of use I found that the main problem I was having was technique-based and now they are my favorite.

I've been using a Merkur 37c slant bar with Persona red blades (great razor by the way!). After reading a lot of good things about Feathers I'm thinking very seriously about a change.

welcome to the club.
I love feather blades as well.
Some people say they are too harsh on their face, but I found them to be very effortless to use and gives me great shaves.
It is slightly more prone to nick you than other blades, but when careful, I usually walk away with no bloodshed.

Love it so far, and only blades that came close to it was GSB, 7 oclock black/blue, and med prep.

They're my longest lasting blade. I can get 14 two pass shaves out of one blade using my fat handle tech.

I like them a lot, also. I also enjoy the Personna Blues. These two blades will work well in almost every razor I have.

I've been wet shaving for about two months now and finally used a feather blade....
I'm hooked! Easily the most comfortable shave, during and after, that I've had since. For the new wet shaver out there like me, don't be afraid of them! Give em a go!

Congrats :thumbup1: the Feather Blade is favored by many, I use many different brands in my rotation, and every time I use the Feather blade the WOW factor kicks in...IMO very sharp & smooth, gets the job done, nice blade.

Personnas were my favorite. But, Feather blades (for me) rule :thumbup: I use the cheap Feather razor too and love it. I am a Gillette razor (50's) fan. But like the Schick Krona a wee bit better. But now that I have found the combo of Feather blades with the Feather razor, there's no turning back ... maybe :tongue_sm

I, too, have recently tried Feathers for the first time. It's amazing how sharp and smooth they are. The Feathers, along with BlueBird, Kai and Polisilver Super Iridiums have been incredibly sharp and smooth for me. Now it's just a matter of figuring out which provides the best bang for the buck. Also, the general lack of popularity of Kai and Bluebird blades make me wary of deciding on something that will be very difficult to find in the near future.

Haven't tried the others you mentioned fcap. My nature is to try everything to find the best. This time around I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead (for now anyway) :001_smile . Maybe Feathers cost a little more but for me it's worth it. And, they're not that expensive anyway. I buy them on Amazon and use Prime so I think they are great deals.

The Polisilvers are around the same price as Feathers but the Kai blades are actually much more expensive. I guess the price is all relative. Feathers may be cost more than most of the other DE blades, but they are much cheaper than cartridges. And if they feel better to you, go for it.

Haven't tried the others you mentioned fcap. My nature is to try everything to find the best. This time around I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead (for now anyway) :001_smile . Maybe Feathers cost a little more but for me it's worth it. And, they're not that expensive anyway. I buy them on Amazon and use Prime so I think they are great deals.

I'm with ya. Amazon prime makes it easy to justify almost any purchase lol

Just a point of interest, what razor was your Feather loaded into?

I tend to love the Feathers, however, I do find that due to the coarseness of my beard hair they don't last as long as they might for some. I generally try for a daily shave and they'll last a few days that way, but if I skip a few days between shaves I will have one rather amazing shave if it is a fresh/semi-fresh blade, but the following will be full of lackluster moments.

Just a point of interest, what razor was your Feather loaded into?

I tend to love the Feathers, however, I do find that due to the coarseness of my beard hair they don't last as long as they might for some. I generally try for a daily shave and they'll last a few days that way, but if I skip a few days between shaves I will have one rather amazing shave if it is a fresh/semi-fresh blade, but the following will be full of lackluster moments.

I was using a merkur 23c

As a newbie (about one year of DE shaving) I purchased an 82 blade sample pack from Tryablade.com. The last few shaves were with a Feather in a Gillette fat boy set at 5. All in all it was a good close shave. No cuts or razor burn. (using Arko shave soap). However I've had just as close a shave with Persona, some of the Lord brand of blades. For me I can get as close a shave with other blades, for a cheaper price. It's a good blade, but I wouldn't pay the price for them again.

I'll get to them soon. I just received a bunch of Kai, so I'm looking forward to trying them and if I don't bleed to death Feathers are next.

Top Bottom