What's new

Using Pasted Strop

The 4 sided TM paddle strop is much narrower than a regular strop. Do you basically just use a more pronounced slant (what I mean is the angle that you would hold the razor at in comparison to the width of the strop, so you get that X pattern) than you would with a regular strop?

Not really sure if I'm explaining what I'm trying to say well....so basically how do you deal with using a narrower strop?

You can lead with a pronounced slant or you can keep the razor at a 90 degree angle to the strop. Just as long as you start with the heel and end with the toe, forming the X pattern. Making sure equal stropping on the length of the edge.

Glen

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Dan,
I use a gentle angle to the razor just like in the illustration in my instructions. That, an X-pattern and light pressure with few passes should do the trick.

It is also best to let the newly applied paste dry a few days before using it although in humid locations this can take longer.

Tony

Dan,
I use a gentle angle to the razor just like in the illustration in my instructions. That, an X-pattern and light pressure with few passes should do the trick.

It is also best to let the newly applied paste dry a few days before using it although in humid locations this can take longer.

Tony

I have repasted a strop about a week ago and it still hasn't dried it is driving me crazy :lol:

all I can do is wait . I have thought about using my wifes blow drier to help but I am thinking it may not be to good for the glue you use on the paddles is this correct Tony

BTW sorry to high jack the thread

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
For drying quickness a very light, thin coat will be best. A very light haze of paste is really all that is needed and should help it dry faster. A hair dryer on low heat may help and not hurt the glue, mostly moving air, than heat doing the job.

Tony

Top Bottom