What's new

Mysore Sandal has a new soap, and it's awesome

I've used the soap for a week now Kevan and you are right on several counts. Once lathered up, the blend of fragrances works really well. I get hints of clove, vetiver etc but the sandalwood scent really shines through. I don't get much longevity with the scent and cannot smell it on myself after 2-3 hours but can on my wife. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that we live in a hot temperate climate.
It could be that, or just differing body chemistries. That plays a role in scent longevity.

The soap is high quality and I'm not sure why you say it isn't triple milled but I've barely made a dent in mine, with 14 uses (wife&I) on it. This one is a keeper for me. :thumbup1:
It could very well be. I just took a guess because generally, you can't press a divot in a triple-milled soap with your thumb, and you can with this. But if it's lasting a long time for you, that's great. I've just used mine a few times so I can't really judge it. I'll break it out again once my bar of Cinthol is gone.

Also I brought that up because of the cost factor (for those of us not in India, anyway). I'm a huge fan of anything this company makes so of course I'll buy it regardless. But some folks are more value conscious and take into consideration a soap's longevity if it's expensive. And since you can get triple (or quad) milled soaps for less here, if someone is new to the Mysore Sandal brand, it might make them think twice or just stick with the regular bar.

Top Bottom