What's new

Nivea Shave Cream Sensitive Skin

Out of curiosity, I picked up a tube at our local Tom Thumb a few days ago. Have any of you gentlemen used the Nivea Shave Cream, Sensitive Skin product? If so, what are your impressions?

It actually works quite well for me. Better performance than the similarly priced Indian shave creams in tubes in my opinion.

Though I slightly prefer the regular blue tube, I love the smell of the sensitive. And it does work great, excellent cream.

Exactly my thoughts. Regular one performs better and feels better for me, i'm actually getting some kind of burning sensation with Sensitive one. But i like the smell of Sensitive one more.
Anyway, both are very good creams.

Great cream, great price! Its my daily go to. I add 3 drops of RR essence of limes shaving oil and lather it up, making an already great cream perfectly slick with an amazing scent. I have a tube of the original too I have yet to try.

Test it out and let us know your impressions BobbyB!

I love the smell of the sensitive
same here. I'm not getting great results with the cream but that's a user problem. But the AS balm is quite good. I'm using it as a night cream just befor bed. As befor a nice scent.

For the price, it's dang near impossible to beat. The performance is fantastic and the scent is quite nice, as well.

Great cream for the price. I find that it lathers best with my Omega synthetic badger brush. I think this is due to the dimethicone ingredient, which seems to stick to natural hairs and diminish their performance. The synthetic hairs don't seem to have that problem.

But the cream is very slick! I enjoy superlathering this with Williams. Drop a dab on top of the puck and load the brush...luxurious lather using two relatively inexpensive products.

I found it felt quite slick and cushiony but one of the ingredients doesn't agree with my skin. It burned like hell and left a rash on my face for a few days. I found it odd considering its designated for sensitive skin. It is a shame because it would have been a great cheap and locally available cream. Others seem to love it though, so it seems my mileage definitely varies with this product

Appears to be discontinued. Old stock is still available in United Kingdom mainly from eBay and Amazon and some online chemists (drug stores) but Nivea appear to be concentrating on canned foam and gel now.
http://www.niveamen.co.uk/
^Man, that's poop!^ another great product, for preformence and cost, stricken from the local shelves. Just like "real shave company" gone from shelves, gonna have to run the local spots and see if I can find some before it's all disappeared.

I just started using the Nivea Sensitive cream earlier this year. It works really well, and I wouldn't like to see it go away.

The Sensitive cream is indeed missing from the UK website. It does show up on the US and Canadian websites, but it's missing from the Mexican, Australian, and German websites. The German website does, however, list the Original Mild cream.

I have a tube of NSC that I picked up around January. Its carried in a local supermarket at USD$3.19. That's the only place I've seen it in a B&M store around here.

It is a good cream but doesn't rank high in my rotation. I use it (along with the Sensitive ASB) when I'm doing shaves to evaluate blades or new razors. I like the fact that it is fairly neutral and transparent in its lathering properties. This way, I can concentrate on the hardware I am testing and not let my results get skewed by the software. I usually apply it by hand, without a brush.

The Nivea Sensitive line is a great Dopp-Kit item. When I'm traveling, I like to stick to the basics and not bring along anything expensive or exotic scents.

I get a very slight burn from it also. Not a big deal

I really like it but it appears as though Rite Aid, my only local source, axed that about the same time as it dumped Real Shaving Co. another favorite of mine. Last time I checked, and in their place, they are carrying Pacific Shaving and Van der Hagen.

That stinks that this stuff is being axed. I bought some of the canned Nivea Sensitive Gel for quick shaves on the weekdays. Its by far the best canned stuff I've ever used. Nothing else in a can (that I've tried) comes close to it.

I was looking forward to trying some of the cream in a tube. Too bad.

This stuff is going the way of the dinosaurs, I fear. Too bad, as the price to performance point was really good! I am trying out some other alternative low-cost creams now such as: the varieties of Proraso, the Gillette in a tube, the varieties of Arko and Palmolive and Old Spice in tubes. Willing to give the new Dove cream in a tube a try too...It can be had for under $5.00 at Walmart! Hopefully a new champion will arise!

Top Bottom