What's new

June 2015 Shaving Restraint. (MoRO-June)

Looking for a way to curb your AD's? Getting disapproving looks from your significant other? Running short of space to store your supplies? Running out of money? Challenged to beat the Darth Lord in a restraint?

This is the perfect opportunity for you.

This restraint is for June 1-30, 2015.

All are welcome!

Rules:

1. * No personal shaving purchases. Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle. However, members are not allowed to request any form of compensation in return, please use your best judgement. Also, no sampling / testing of those items permitted.
  2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the length of the restraint.
  3. GIFT cards cannot be redeemed for shaving items (even if the cards are from previous months).
  4. Any shaving services, like replating or restorations, that are paid for in the month of the restraint will cause you to fail the restraint.

*Exceptions:

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the May Restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on June 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.
  2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraint commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game).
  3. Sue Moore Items are all exempt from the no buying rules. Treewhaling on anything Sue Moore related is HIGHLY encouraged.

This is perfect for those who failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint ....looking at you Darth Lords...........Gig103

Remember everyone, it is normally harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!

Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (Socialjunk95, Guru17, kansaskyle, Darth Kevdogg329, cvargo and anyone else that wants to assist with this effort).

Mods:

We humbly request you leave this thread in the General Shaving Discussion forum until June 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see the restraint. Afterwards, you can move the thread to Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Tips
Check out this Wiki article for tips on how to survive a restraint

How to Join:

Copy the entire list below and add your number and name to the bottom. Also, you are welcome to update your signature to show you are in the restraint -- for example, MoRO(June) #1. To do so, click Settings at the top of forum and then click Edit Signature on the left.

1. cvargo (Leader for June restraint)
2. Kevdogg329

Last edited:
I'm in. I do have a couple of razors that I sent off for replating back in April, so I might fail out when I have to pay for them. Other than that, I will remain strong (except for my June 1 purchase of a straight/strop. Also hearing great things about Whipped Dog brushes since I'll be putting an order in there anyway.....)

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater

In Quarterly until the end of June anyway.
Going to be 2 for 2 monthly soon.

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts

Not in, but shouldn't it read:

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the May Restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on June 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.
...?

correct me if I am a dumb

Jonsta

I'm in.

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider

I'm in for June, doing just fine for MoRo-May.

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy

Not in, but shouldn't it read:

...?

correct me if I am a dumb

Jonsta

Fixed it for you :)

I'm in.

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert

I'm in.

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB

Last edited:
2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB
11. Gig103

I couldn't pass up a deal so my May restraint is a failure. Gotta try again for June, although I've determined the only way to save money is to not visit B&B.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I was going to do some massive treewhaling on June 22nd, but I guess I'll wait until the 1st of July.
2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB
11. Gig10
12. Claudel Xerxes

Lucky 13 - Galaktus

2. Kevdogg329
3. cgrater
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB
11. Gig10
12. Claudel Xerxes
13. Galaktus

Failed this month. I'll give it another shot.

1. cvargo (Leader for.June.restraint)
2. Kevdogg329.
3. cgrater.
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB
11. Gig10
12. Claudel Xerxes
13. Galaktus
14. Billy Goatee
15. TheDude82

I'm in.

2. Kevdogg329.
3. cgrater.
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB
11. Gig10
12. Claudel Xerxes
13. Galaktus
14. Billy Goatee
15. TheDude82

16. N8Julo43

5 months in a row and still going strong. I'm definitely in.

2. Kevdogg329.
3. cgrater.
4. Bob Roberts
5. Thebubblegoose
6. Pepin
7. Westsider
8. binoy
9. beinert
10. JaredB
11. Gig10
12. Claudel Xerxes