RIP B.B. King

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
"A fine, warm human being full of humility."

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As with many, B.B. was my first exposure to blues. I am listening to "The Ultimate Collection" now in memory of the master. Go rest high on the mountain Mr. King!

BB King led to Albert King, Johnnie Taylor, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, and on and on. He was the gateway.

Johnny Winter- the greatest guitarists out of Texas IMO. I had the chance to see him before he died. I still kick myself about that.

Johnny was great. I was hoping to see him during the new album tour, but he was taken from us too soon. If you want to hear a bada$$ Winter's album, get the one with John Lee Hooker and James Cotton, that's a Blues Album my friend!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
He will be missed...'The Legend of the Blues'.
proxy.php

The Mrs. & I loved his music ( we saw & heard him play at the North Sea Jazz Festival in Holland in 1998), and may he Rest in Peace.

$B.B. King.jpg"The beautiful thing about [music] is that nobody can take it away from you". B. B King

Last edited:
With all due respect to Mr. Presley and Mr. Jackson, B.B. will always be King. It's impossible to know just how much he changed the landscape of American music and life.

Derek Trucks gave a lovely and very respectful remembrance of B.B. King to Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/derek-trucks-on-b-b-king-were-all-his-kids-20150515):
"When B.B. King played, it was just the cold hard truth – like hearing Martin Luther King speak. You just needed one word, one note with B.B. No one has that. No one lived the life he lived… Every guitar player I know, going back to Eric [Clapton] or Dickey [Betts] or any of the guys I looked up to, it's the same reverence from them to B.B. We're all his kids."

Last edited by a moderator:
+2. Great loss! Heard him live once in a small NOLA club. He was better in person. The thrill is gone, indeed!

Top Bottom