What's new

Find, Restore and Use It doesn't get andy better than that!

A wonderful day here in Shave-land! Last week I was able to find a 3/4 Joseph Elliot - SilverSteel in Rochester, Minnesota at an annual antique show. I tried to haggle on the price, which was low to begin with but the seller would not budge at all, so with my pride in hand I walked away feeling proud he didn't get the best of me. But then a thought came into my mind, "Hey stupid, you do know that was a rock bottom deal to begin with!!" Then I put my pride aside and went back, tail between my legs and paid the man his asking price. I would be embarrassed if you knew the cost of the razor that I almost walked away from. So now I have restored it back to it's mid 1870's condition and used it today for the first time. What a great shaver it turned out to be. I also used some vintage William's Shave Cream, the lather is great but what is nice is the viscosity of it's residue that makes your after shave slippery. I picked up my aftershave in the Caribbean this past winter in Grenada.So there you have it, a lesson about being prideful and almost loosing a wonderful shaving experience. $IMG_1710.jpg

Top Bottom