What's new

Rum Suggestions?

Best rum I've ever had is Zaya. That's the only rum I've really enjoyed sipping. I would like to try the Ron Zacapa though.

From one Tiger fan to another this guy has it right. I have been savoring my bottle for a while now. I have seen Zaya rum anywhere from $20 to $40 but man it is good.

$Rum-Header.jpg

proxy.php

My favourite rum for the money is the Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva. A delicious Venezuelan rum and an absolute bargain for the price. It's not overly sweet which I quite like. I much prefer it over Ron Zacapa 23 and it's cheaper too. If you can afford it, the Diplomático 2001 Single Vintage is amazing. Hands down the best rum I've had so far.

I can also vouch for the El Dorado 12 and 15, both are great for the money.

Mixing Rum - Captain Morgan Silver
Sipping Rum - I don't sipp Rum, the only thing that beats Cap'n Silver and Coke is Jack and Coke !

OK, tried the Zaya 12yr...a little to much "vanilla" flavor for me, however still a nice rum. Lansky, I will give the Diplimatico Reserva Exclusiva a try when I run across it. Wality, the El Dorado and Appleton were both great rums and had a decent price. tukyou, you seriously need to try some of what our fellow B&Bers have suggested on this thread.

Sitting on the beach drinking a Dark N Stormy at the moment...feeling blessed!

I know this is an older thread, but I have to toss in my recommendation:

The Kraken Black Spiced Rum

It's got a 94 proof kick with absolutely no burn, and a delicious flavor for both sipping and mixing.

I can get 1.75L of it here in VA for $29.95.

My favorite rum, by far.

New to Badger and Blade, but I discovered the Ron Zacapa rums eight years ago in Guatemala when adopting my son. Prior to that time I'd never really considered rum other than as a mixer. Ron Zacapa is something of a treasure of which the Guatemalan people are quite proud. A dark rum, It came served in a snifter, and I was informed that it was not to be swished around in the glass as one might do with Cognac or Armagnac. I've had the twenty three and the thirty year old versions, and I prefer the 23. It just seems more balanced and well rounded than the thirty. It is a mainstay in my liquor cabinet, and I really enjoy sharing it with friends.

Goslings is great for a classic Dark 'N Stormy. Kraken will work in a pinch, but it's not quite the same.

Looking for a spiced rum? My go-to is Sailor Jerry.

I've come to enjoy this since I'm trying to expand my taste for Rum with it being my favorite type of drink and all:

$image.jpg $25

my next is Captain Morgan Black with its bold caramel and vanilla flavor but not too sweet.

But one of my least favorite so far is the CM Private Stock. Almost like drinking syrup - Tooooo Sweet.

I'm not a big rum drinker but the best one I think I've had is the Ron Pampero Aniversario rum that come in a leather bag.
A very smooth sipping rum for about $35.

Mount Gay; It's a rum from Barbados that I quite like that is reasonably priced, by Ontario standards.

Since starting this thread I have tried a lot of rums and IMO I would have to say +1 to most any rum that originates in Barbados.

Since starting this thread I have tried a lot of rums and IMO I would have to say +1 to most any rum that originates in Barbados.

It's interesting how each island or region has it's own flavor profile, isn't it? I also like Barbados rums.
If you want try something a little off the beaten (rum) track, try some "Screech" -- it's a Jamaican style rum from Newfoundland of all places.
(yes, there's a story)
proxy.php

Florida Keys weekend. Thanks for the suggestions!

Very nice !!
Zara has some serious momentum behind it since it hit Costco, one of my favorite mid level rums.
For dark and stormys I go with Meyers, but Gosling is good to.
My wife ruined me with a bottle of Appleton 21, so far my favorite.

Top Bottom