What's new

A Gentleman Passes

It is with deep sadness and regret, that I inform you the Brethren, of an untimely passing.

B&B Member and Steward, Mswofford.

Michael Swofford, of Dubois, died Sunday, May 2, at his home in Dubois. He was 75 years old.
Services with military honors will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center in Dubois.
Lynn Michael Swofford was born June 8, 1939, in Normal, Ill., the son of James Melvin and Grace Ida (Erlinger) Swofford.
He attended Beloit College from 1957 to 1958 where he studied liberal arts. He then attended Southern Illinois University from 1959 to 1961 where he majored in radio and TV advertising and minored in agriculture.
He served with the U.S. Army, and when he was honorably discharged, he returned to the Illinois National Guard.
In 1963 he married Joan Lindahl, and they had two sons. They later divorced.
He worked at the Daniel fish hatchery as a culturist from June 1967 to June 1971. In 1971, he joined the Wyoming Highway Patrol in Laramie. He moved to Dubois in 1975 and retired in 1989.
His family said he enjoyed hunting, camping, hiking, being in the outdoors, listening to music and spending time with his grandchildren. They said his No. 1 hobby was gunsmithing.
He was preceded in death by his parents; brother Larry; and former wife Joan.
Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
http://thedavisfuneralhome.com/obit.aspx?I=2013

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17902

Mike was a consummate gentleman. He was always willing to help a fellow member, without recourse or adulation. His presence here, will be sorely missed!

We do ask that B&B members leave their condolences in this thread only, out of respect for his immediate family.

If you'd like to contribute to a group flower arrangement for his memorial service, please contact me!

Last edited:
A great loss to his family, and ours here at B&B, Mike was a great member to our community. He will be missed by many here

A sad day for all his friends and family. We were blessed to know this fine gentleman. May he rest in peace. Our prayers.

I am at a loss for words.
A great member of this community, his presence will be sorely missed.
My condolences to his friends and family.

A Great Man and a Great Friend, Not many can say they had a friend like Mike.

He was always helpful, kind, and willing to explain, he will be missed.