What's new

Watch part or band suggestions

I have a Moto 360 that has the Steel Connect watch adapters on it. This allows fitting of 22mm bands. I currently have a Pebble watch band on it, which is.. I guess 20-21mm? But there is a lot of wiggle and space. So what I am looking for is that little piece that goes in there. Trying to find it though is challenging, as I don't know the name and the watch repair store here (only one is in the mall) is a bit less than helpful. I think it is a spacer or something? But this is between the watch and the "lug" that the Steel Connect makes.

Other than that, if I can't find those, a new watch band. I have a steel version of the watch, but it has as black face most of the time. So the local watch repair had a watch band that was by Hadley Roma that was silver with black links. Sort of like: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...nt-Buckle-Replacement/1044132_1866056020.html

Except, I want a quality watch, and that brand has fun reviews like: "It started rusting from the inside." Thus, I turn to B&B - where there is always someone of high taste/class/expertise for whatever ails the common man. I would like a quality watch band, probably not to spend over $60 or so, that fits a 22mm watch. Of, if the little things at the top can be found - I would be happy with my current band. :)

Any help would be appreciated, even if it was just the name of the part.

Are you trying to correct for extra slop between the watchband and the pin (spring bar), where the inner diameter of the attachment pin is too small for the new band, causing it to rattle around too much? You could get a thicker pin, I would expect that most places which sold watch bands would also have a variety of pins. Or you may be referring to a friction pipe which adds thickness to achieve same goal.

Some illustrations here: Watch Band Pin Illustrations

I'm going to guess the the band is too narrow and he needs a 22mm band to fit. What do you think of the moto360? There was a killer deal on them recently, I think my friend picked one up for like $80 and loves it.

I was so dead set against a smart watch but my friend talked me into it, and it really is convenient.

Have you thought of a 22mm leather band? I got deployment clasps on my watches with a leather band. Really like it so far. My bands are also 22/20.

This is my daily wear watch these days. It is using a breitling style deployment clasp this one http://www.panatime.com/20pabrbrstde.html and the band is called 22mm Panatime Dark Brown Vintage Genuine Leather "Deep Oil" with Match Stitching to fit Original Breitling Deploy Buckle. I got it from panatime, but I can't seem to find it on their website anymore.

$IMG_0012.jpg$IMG_0013.jpg

This watch has the original breitling clasp that came with the watch and this band http://www.panatime.com/new22grlhowi.html

$IMG_0014.jpg$IMG_0016.jpg

I love the Moto360, it is great. And I do like that nice leather band, but it attaches to the (lugs?), and on the Moto I got an attachment to make it easier, and protect the back from breaking. The only thing keeping me from leather bands is the idea of sweat ruining it, and I swear my watch all the time.
@StillShaving - it is... one sec, here. :) This might make things easier. You should be able to see what I mean, but I'm just not able to find the part. I also can't find a high quality steel band. Wow, non-HDR pics are blurry...

$Watch (1).jpg
$Watch (2).jpg

I love the Moto360, it is great. And I do like that nice leather band, but it attaches to the (lugs?), and on the Moto I got an attachment to make it easier, and protect the back from breaking. The only thing keeping me from leather bands is the idea of sweat ruining it, and I swear my watch all the time.
@StillShaving - it is... one sec, here. :) This might make things easier. You should be able to see what I mean, but I'm just not able to find the part. I also can't find a high quality steel band. Wow, non-HDR pics are blurry...

oh I see what you mean! ya seems like unless you can find those end pieces, your just going to have to replace it with a 22mm band of some sort.

the ends of my leather bands that attach to the watch use the 22mm spring bar like what you have on your moto. One side of the clasp has another spring bar and nothing on the other end.

$IMG_0022.jpg

The right end of the clasp is held in by a spring bar and the left end is not it just squeezes in.

This is my daily watch, and I have worn leather bands daily. They usually last about a 1-2 years for me and i have to swap it out for a new one.

This band has been my daily wear for the last month, its got some scuffs on the outside, but i think of it as just patina and actually like the look of it with the scuffs. The inside isnt bad at all yet.

I wish I could be more help with the metal bands, but I dont really have any first hand experience with any to recommend.

Last edited:

I see, the band does appear to be missing its end link when worn on the Moto360, no doubt something that was not needed when worn on the Pebble and therefore was not included. Some bands come with multiple end links to adapt to different watch case & lug configurations. (Here is one example). You might be able to find some watch repair shop that has some end links left over from another watch fitting, but it may not be worth your time to track down. Might be easier/cheaper to find some basic strap on line with ends that match your case/lugs such as this example.
proxy.php

Phil Nickinson of Android Central has been talking about wearing his 360 with a Pebble band for a few months now. He's good about answering questions from readers, especially if you hit him up on Twitter.

Thanks for all the help. I ordered that one and will see if I can take it the ends off of it if needed. I appreciate it. I'll also look up Nickinson, always good to get some tips. And Boro62, I could get a leather. These attachments make it pretty easy to swap it out at any time I want. So I am not adverse to getting a few bands. I am looking at that leather band. :) Thank you.

Thanks for all the help. I ordered that one and will see if I can take it the ends off of it if needed. I appreciate it. I'll also look up Nickinson, always good to get some tips. And Boro62, I could get a leather. These attachments make it pretty easy to swap it out at any time I want. So I am not adverse to getting a few bands. I am looking at that leather band. :) Thank you.

Just so ya know, I got an email today from panatime for their memorial day sale. 20% off every item from 5/20/15-5/25/15 with coupon code "USA20"

Top Bottom