What's new

Just received a Gem Push-Button

I have a Gem Micromatic OC that I have used several times and really like. If you use a light touch, it doesn't seem to be the monster that a lot of people refer to it. Anyway, to round out the collection, I wanted to get a closed bar Gem, either a G-Bar or Push button. Well a like new push button cam up for $8.50 and $3 shipping and I snapped it up. I used it this morning and I really like it. I will add a picture this evening. It does seem to be less aggressive than the MM OC but still seems very close.

Nice shaving SE.

MUCH lighter than your other models but they shave nicely

proxy.php

The Push-Button is one of my favorites.

Comfortable and close one of Gem's best.

Basically just a G-Bar without the G-Bar's slippery issues.

Here is the photo as promised. I think there is a higher res copy in my section of the Gallery (51 Rolls). I was very pleased when I received this it appears to be just like new.
$Gem PushButton.jpg

That sure is a pretty razor! These and the Feather Weights are my favorites of the latter Gems. I much prefer the earlier Gems, but it is still nice to visit these from time to time and yours looks to be a beauty, so I hope you really enjoy your new razor.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have found that I prefer lighter razors over heavier ones. The Push Button is my favorite GEM razor. It is light and very easy to control on my face. I owned every GEM made at one time except for the mythical Jewel. I have been minimizing my den and the Clog-Pruf and OC Micromatic and a G-Bar are the only ones left to sell.

I will be keeping my Push Button. :)

Just picked up the push button and the Schick. Ihave not used them yet, but looking forward to it.

Attachments

• $20150121_010802_resized.jpg
    $20150121_010802_resized.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 52
  • $20150112_121649_resized.jpg
    $20150112_121649_resized.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • $20150121_010659_resized.jpg
    $20150121_010659_resized.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53
  • $20150112_121337_resized.jpg
    $20150112_121337_resized.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 53
  • $20150501_120420_resized.jpg
    $20150501_120420_resized.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 53
Just picked up the push button and the Schick. Ihave not used them yet, but looking forward to it.
Congrats! I don't know how much SE experience you have. If SE's are new to you, the technique is VERY different from DE's, and you should do some searches in this thread and the SE forum for advice on how to use them. If you are experienced in using them, my apologies. I just want to make sure your experience with them is a good one. Injectors, OTOH, are incredibly tolerant of varying techniques and, at least to me, are almost impossible to use poorly. Enjoy!

OK, you guys have forced me to pull out my Push Button for my next shave, diverting me from my DE experiment of trying the Maggard MR8 handle on every DE razor that I won. Damn you all!!! :wink2:

Last edited:
The ones the I have used so far are the 1912's and the MMOC. The JR. is in such good shape I hate to use it. Will try and clean up the push button tonight, and try it out. I am still a novice on SE's but getting better all the time.

The ones the I have used so far are the 1912's and the MMOC. The JR. is in such good shape I hate to use it. Will try and clean up the push button tonight, and try it out. I am still a novice on SE's but getting better all the time.
So how about that Gem Pushbutton
Did you ever get the hang of it?

So how about that Gem Pushbutton
Did you ever get the hang of it?
I did, and liked it. I don't use my SE's very often. I have so many DE blades stocked up, and I love my ball end tech and SS, so I use them just about every day. Been thinking of getting rid of all of my SE's.

I did, and liked it. I don't use my SE's very often. I have so many DE blades stocked up, and I love my ball end tech and SS, so I use them just about every day. Been thinking of getting rid of all of my SE's.
Glad to hear from you Snappy!
I certainly understand what you're saying
I am also mainly a DE user and have
Several DE razors with backups of many
And several lifetime supplies of DE blades
However I enjoy shaving with my Gems
Just as much and I have several backups
For my mmoc, BT & CP I own a Gbar
A Pushbutton and 2 different style 1912's
The problem is that my facial hair does
Not grow that fast and for me that's a
Good thing, because my skin will not