What's new

Anybody know anything about the Seiko SNK805 5 Automatic?

That was quick. Estimated delivery date May 20 - 26

$uploadfromtaptalk1431979270840.jpg

That watch uses the Seiko 7S26C movement, a simple, but extremely reliable workhorse. It should last you a few decades. After using it for a few weeks, if you are comfortable with removing the caseback, you may want to try to regulate the watch. When new, everything will run merrily along, but after 3 or 4 weeks of use, parts will find their groove and the watch might slow down a bit, but you can have it back to within a few seconds a day.

I'm a Seiko fan with watches from several decades. I've only ever had issue with a couple of 40+ year old Hi-Beats (though my Monaco is loosing 20 seconds per day now and makes me sad). You chose an attractive and good watch... Hope it brings you many years of service!

Wow. $57 for a Seiko automatic? That's a great price. I have a 7S26-0350 (black dial monster diver) since 2007. LOVE the watch. Keeps great time and it's a beast. Favorite watch I own.

My point is: You can't go wrong with a Seiko automatic movement.

The Seiko 5's are a great watch I wear mine daily and rarely take them off. They are a tough automatic, I forgot to take my 809 off at the shooting range one day after about 1500 rounds of big pistols I remembered I was wearing it. Needless to say it still keeps good time. I have heard stories of that behavior killing some of the top shelf high end watches. I am a big fan of Seiko for durability as well as the amount of aftermarket parts. I can't leave anything alone so I have fun modifying them. Here are a couple pics. They are the SNK809 with aftermarket hands, dial, and a leather shield that I made and a SKX007 with the same hands/dail and smooth bezel. The possibilities are nearly endless.
$809 pilot.jpg$SKY007.jpg

I just ordered one for my nephew. His birthday is coming up in June and this will be his first automatic watch. He is just learning to tell analog time. I figured the extra "hours" inner ring on the dial will help him (with the addition of the minutes ring). A great first watch.

Agree with everyone on the quality of this watch despite the low price. I've owned a few (only one currently) and I've serviced several. They're all solid, no-nonsense workhorse watches. I think the factory spec is +/-30 sec per day, but most do much better than that. My current daily driver is the new Black Monster that has a slightly updates version of the 7s26 in it. While quite similar, the newer movements have hand winding and hacking functions built in, as well as a slightly longer power reserve.

Bottom line is that Seiko is never a bad choice IMO.

Top Bottom