What's new

Chiseled Face-Ghost Town Barber

I recently picked up a bottle and it will definitely be a go to AS. It has a very versatile scent and performs well.

I like the Ghost Town Barber. It's not going to replace my Fine American Blend, but it's a nice change of pace.

Cryogen takes menthol to a whole new dimension. Nothing else is even in the same ballpark - not even Snakebite. It will make your eyes water and your nose run, along with numbing your face. If it were any stronger it would be required by law to carry an "Avoid Contact With Skin" warning label.

--Bob

I used it again today. The more I use the GTB, the better I like it. It is in the rotation...........

proxy.php

The Redneck Shave Soap looks interesting, description:
"If you are a redneck – or just want to smell like one – this soap is for you. A hearty, manly mix of engine oil, gunpowder, dirt, and leather; this is not for the refined or fain of heart. Open the can and the smell of a auto parts store will assault your nostrils, spurring you to do your own handy work with whatever tools come to hand – even if they consist of nothing more than duct tape and WD-40."

Does anyone know how Cryogen compares with Snakebite? I use Snakebite a couple of times a month and am still shocked by its potency - almost too much but very refreshing on a hot summer day. Although I've never tried Krampert's Frostbite, I'm told that isn't as strong. Anyone with direct experience please comment.

Assuming that you are referring to Ghost Town Barber, it is nothing like Cryogen - just a light refreshing chill, similar to that of the Fine aftershaves (other than Snakebite).

--Bob

Thanks! I like some menthol, but not extreme amounts. I just got a sample in yesterday - I will try it soon!

Does anyone know how Cryogen compares with Snakebite? I use Snakebite a couple of times a month and am still shocked by its potency - almost too much but very refreshing on a hot summer day. Although I've never tried Krampert's Frostbite, I'm told that isn't as strong. Anyone with direct experience please comment.

I have all 3, along with Osage Rub, several Stirling Glacials and a number of other menthol aftershaves.

If Snakebite is almost too much for you I'd stay away from Cryogen - it's at least twice as powerful. Nothing I've tried is even in the same ballpark. It will freeze your face and leave you with your nose running and tears streaming down your cheeks. If it were any stronger it would probably carry a warning label "Avoid contact with skin."

Cryogen and Snakebite have no fragrance oils. No point in having them, as they would be completely overpowered by the menthol.

Krampert's Finest Frostbite has a nice menthol kick, but less than Snakebite and nothing like Cryogen. However, it has a nice Pine/woodsy scent, and a lot of stuff that is very good for the skin.

Osage Rub is another favorite of mine, being slightly less intense than Snakebite. It has an old school scent and a huge bottle goes for around $6. On hot days I practically bathe in the stuff. :thumbup1:

--Bob

I have all 3, along with Osage Rub, several Stirling Glacials and a number of other menthol aftershaves.

If Snakebite is almost too much for you I'd stay away from Cryogen - it's at least twice as powerful. Nothing I've tried is even in the same ballpark. It will freeze your face and leave you with your nose running and tears streaming down your cheeks. If it were any stronger it would probably carry a warning label "Avoid contact with skin."

Cryogen and Snakebite have no fragrance oils. No point in having them, as they would be completely overpowered by the menthol.

Krampert's Finest Frostbite has a nice menthol kick, but less than Snakebite and nothing like Cryogen. However, it has a nice Pine/woodsy scent, and a lot of stuff that is very good for the skin.

Osage Rub is another favorite of mine, being slightly less intense than Snakebite. It has an old school scent and a huge bottle goes for around $6. On hot days I practically bathe in the stuff. :thumbup1:

--Bob
Bob,
Thanks for your input. I like Snakebite from time to time but will now think twice before ordering any Cryogen.
Mark

I just tried my sample for the 1st time. I really like the scent. It's a little more menthol than I like (I prefer just a little bit.) I will definitely use up my sample, and might get a full bottle at some point.

I will have to try the Ghost Town Barber. I have Cryogen and Summer Storm. There is nothing for me better than FINE aftershaves though. I absolutely love those. I just got curious about the Chiseled Face and they are good in my opinion.

Is the GTB a "powdery" scent? I'm trying to decide on a barbershop style scent, but I'm not a fan of the "powder" scent that most of them have. I do like the description, though - sounds great. That and the Summer Storm - I'm a sucker for fresh cut grass, even if it means mowing it.

Is the GTB a "powdery" scent? I'm trying to decide on a barbershop style scent, but I'm not a fan of the "powder" scent that most of them have. I do like the description, though - sounds great. That and the Summer Storm - I'm a sucker for fresh cut grass, even if it means mowing it.

I'm not a grassy scent guy (sold my Diamond and Petrichor) but Summer Storm is much different. Really like it, debating on a whole bottle after the sample

It didn't seem powdery to me. FWIW, I just got a sample of TSD Barbershop, and it's also not powdery. It's not as long lasting as GTB, though.

I like the Ghost Town Barber. It's not going to replace my Fine American Blend, but it's a nice change of pace.

Cryogen takes menthol to a whole new dimension. Nothing else is even in the same ballpark - not even Snakebite. It will make your eyes water and your nose run, along with numbing your face. If it were any stronger it would be required by law to carry an "Avoid Contact With Skin" warning label.

--Bob

I found Ron's Sherlock to be much more similar almost identical to American Blend, other than it having a very strong leather note

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just got my bottle of Ghost Town Barber.

GTB is amazing! Smells great, feels great. New must-go-to.

Also got a sample of Summer Storm; another home run! Many thanks to the nice folks with the maple-leaf logo. :thumbup:

Had to lock these in before the August Restraint starts, so. It's all ok ...

AA

Top Bottom