What's new

La Guardia

Looks like someone at La Guardia is a wet shaving fan. Full range of Proraso, cheaper than Ive seen it anywhere else. Now they just need to start offering semi decent wifi.

$thumb_IMG_2321_1024.jpg

If you saw how old the technology is in use at any of the airports you would not fly from anywhere.

All the seating areas in all the bars each have their own individual ipad attached to the table. Counted 200+, nothing wrong with the technology here, just charging an arm and a leg for it.

I mean the navigation technology.
As an example the glide slope transmitter is controlled by a copper wire phone line.

As an example the glide slope transmitter is controlled by a copper wire phone line.

And then there is the VASI which is just a fresnel lens over a light that uses the pilot's viewing angle to provide information. Quite clever, actually. We have so much technology at our hands, but we went to the moon on 32kbytes of RAM.

I remember sitting next to my dad on the front 'stoop' , reading the sunday papers together.. watching Connies approach LaGuardia with white fair weather puffies all around.. beautiful sight,, lovely sound

I remember sitting next to my dad on the front 'stoop' , reading the sunday papers together.. watching Connies approach LaGuardia with white fair weather puffies all around.. beautiful sight,, lovely sound

+1

There was something magical about LGA in the old days. It was a beautiful airport.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

I recall they went off line about 15 years ago from that exact issue.

I recall they went off line about 15 years ago from that exact issue.

I got called in too many times in the middle of the night to forget that.

You have not lived till you are out at the snowcone at 3 am in a 11 degree February night.

$snowcone.jpg

Last edited:
History of Flight, I recall reading about that somewhere and thinking it would be nice to see one day.

The whole building is fantastic- the terrazzo floors are something else including a compass rose that is one of the nicest I have ever seen which is now buried in a service closet.

Didn't Biden refer to it as worse than airports in a 3rd world country? I spend too much of my life at O'Hare here in Chicago and it's also not anything anyone would write home about...

I always felt like the plane was going to run off the end of the runway because they seem way too short. Let's face it any NYC area airport is the pits with delays, trying to get through security, etc.

Top Bottom