What's new

Warm weather cocktails

May have been mentioned already but Long Island Iced Tea. 1 part each of white rum, silver tequila, vodka, gin, and triple sec; then 2 parts sweet & sour mix...shaken, then add a splash of cola for coloring.

Great for the summer...or whenever.

Margarita! 2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice, 2 parts tequila (El Jimador is great here, and cheap!), 1 part Triple Sec, shake on ice with sugar if the limes require it, pour into margarita glass that has been rimmed with salt.

YUM!

Or, and ice cold pale ale or Kolsch...

Had a very interesting margarita the other day at a local bar and grill. It had slightly muddled orange peppers (sweet, not hot) in it. Wow! Really gave an interesting accent to the drink, while still being most definitely a classic margarita.

I'm gonna try it with my margarita recipe -- based on the drink I had, I think 2 one-inch pieces of pepper in each glass should be adequate - slightly muddled/crushed, not pulverized.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

OOOOHHH!! Rum and Tonic huh???? That sounds pretty good! Do you spiced rum, dark rum, or light rum? I have a bottle of bacardi (the clear stuff) that might get some use!
I like it with an amber rum like Appleton from Jamaica or Mt Gay from Barbados, and try sprinkling a dash of nutmeg on top, along with a squeeze of lime.

Lately, my wife and I have been drinking Americanos (Campari, Sweet vermouth and sparkling water) and white wine spritzers, when we want to keep the alcohol level on the lighter side.

Something I just thought about but haven't had for a little while is a gin and soda, with a squeeze of lemon or lime. More and more, I'm choosing that over a gin and tonic. The soda lets the botanicals in the gin come out more, while the tonic tends to cover them more. Save the tonic for the rum. :thumbup1:
You might want to try a "Gin and Sonic" --- Gin + ½ tonic and ½ club soda. Not as sweet as a G&T, but still adds some of the bitterness of the quinine.

A Moscow Mule. 2 parts vodka, 3 parts ginger BEER (not ginger ale), a splash of lime juice, over ice, served in a copper mug. Hits the spot on a hot afternoon.

A G&T is my go to, but for a little variety, I do like a Negroni. If only the Campari wasn't darned expensive.

Vodka and redbull zero is delicious. Not good for the heart but who cares. Last summer on my birthday I chopped up a watermelon, some pineapple, oranges, mango, lime, used two things of orange juice, tequila, triple sec, and peach schnapps in One of those huge red buckets with the white rope handles. It was a party version of jungle juice. It was pretty awesome.

Margarita! 2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice, 2 parts tequila (El Jimador is great here, and cheap!), 1 part Triple Sec, shake on ice with sugar if the limes require it, pour into margarita glass that has been rimmed with salt.

YUM!

Or, and ice cold pale ale or Kolsch...

try it with agave syrup instead of sugar, yummy!

in the Moscow Mule family, but MOAR

ginger beer (the hotter the better)
grated fresh ginger, 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp (if you have one of those Japanese flat graters, perfect, or use a microplane or box grater, you want mostly juice)
squeeze of lime
spirit of your choice (I alternate between gin and Jameson's, both are good)
ice

tangy and refreshing plus some zip

New to the thread and I see a few of my warm-weather faves on here - G&T, Mojito, and there's just something about a Negroni that makes me happy these days.

What I DON"T see on here is a mention of a Paloma. I've hooked many people with one of these. For the curious, put some ice in a glass. Add 1 1/2 oz tequila (resposado works best). Juice half a lime and throw the shell in there. Top with either grapefruit soda or a mix of grapefruit juice and club soda. Stir and enjoy. Try a bit of kosher salt to see if you like that way better the next drink (because there WILL be a next drink).

New to the thread and I see a few of my warm-weather faves on here - G&T, Mojito, and there's just something about a Negroni that makes me happy these days.

What I DON"T see on here is a mention of a Paloma. I've hooked many people with one of these. For the curious, put some ice in a glass. Add 1 1/2 oz tequila (resposado works best). Juice half a lime and throw the shell in there. Top with either grapefruit soda or a mix of grapefruit juice and club soda. Stir and enjoy. Try a bit of kosher salt to see if you like that way better the next drink (because there WILL be a next drink).

I love Palomas! I buy Penafiel grapefruit mineral beverage often just to make them. Very refreshing. Many people here leave out the lime, or buy it pre-mixed. Some even add chilli/salt/lime mix to it.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Tomorrow is supposed to be our first 90 degree day, so I'll probably have a Tanquery and Tonic, a nice big tall one

This is what many Parisians drink during the dog days of summer:

chilled white wine
add cassis (great color and some sweetness)

That's it. Enjoy!

This can also be made with sparkling wine (kir royal).m:001_smile:001_smile:001_smile

Top Bottom