What's new

Deodorant/Antiperspirant of the Day

No sting problems. My only issue is that as the days heat up, it becomes easier to smell myself. If you know what I mean. I wore grocery store, mass market anti-perspirants for over 40 years, and I want to avoid pore-blockers. How's your patchouli solution? I grew up in Boulder, and patchouli is the most engrained, yet fond, fragrance of my youth.

No sting problems. My only issue is that as the days heat up, it becomes easier to smell myself. If you know what I mean. I wore grocery store, mass market anti-perspirants for over 40 years, and I want to avoid pore-blockers. How's your patchouli solution? I grew up in Boulder, and patchouli is the most engrained, yet fond, fragrance of my youth.

So far so good. It seems that body odor and patchouli are symbiotic. Patchouli lessens the fail later in the day when I can smell myself. The brand I am using has alum.

I'd love to avoid alum, but the journey may be futile. I've read about Thai Crystal. Does it have alum?

Truly's. Natural, effective, and . . . turns solid at cooler temperatures <cries>. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Actually, that's when I wear deodorant. It isn't hot enough yet here.

Today I used Lucky Tiger Head to Tail Deodorant and Body Spray. Pretty good stuff that prevents odor all day for me.

Ingredients:
Sd alcohol 40-2 (grain), which hazel, glycerin, rosewood, caraway, lemon, geranium, lavandin, amyris, tangerine, peppermint, nutmeg, sweet orange, vetiver, vanilla, tonka bean, treemoss, labdanum, peru balsam, clove leaf, olibanum & spearmint (essential oils), lichen extract, farnesol, rosemary extract & grapefruit seed extract.

I typically use Schmidt's deoderent (lavender and sage right now). This stuff works really well, but if you overdo the amount you'll have red pits due to the baking soda abrading your skin. This one also works somewhat as an antiperspirant due to the arrowroot powder included.

Ingredients:
Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Salvia sclarea (clary sage) essential oil, Lavandula (lavender) essential oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Humulus lupulus (hop) extract

Alum bar after using it on face. I rinse it off the face and leave it on under arms.

That's what I do when traveling and often what I do at home.

I'd be curious what the potential issues/harm is in leaving alum salt on skin all day if anyone knows. ???? I have a feeling I've been doing it for years with junk in the deodorants I've used.

Alum bar after using it on face. I rinse it off the face and leave it on under arms.

That's what I do when traveling and often what I do at home.

I'd be curious what the potential issues/harm is in leaving alum salt on skin all day if anyone knows. ???? I have a feeling I've been doing it for years with junk in the deodorants I've used.

Essentially people are concerned that you are absorbing it into your body and it's causing all sorts of stuff, notably most will mention Alzheimer's.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So far so good. It seems that body odor and patchouli are symbiotic. Patchouli lessens the fail later in the day when I can smell myself. The brand I am using has alum.

Very interested in watching this thread Tony. I usually will use a crystal alum stick right out of the shower when still wet. However, I also will use Every Man Jack natural deodorant stick over the top once the alum has dried. I would like to find an all natural Roll-On to replace the goo deo-stick. My experience with some roll-ons always leave me smelling bad hours later.

Is the KMF you're using a roll-on?

Very interested in watching this thread Tony. I usually will use a crystal alum stick right out of the shower when still wet. However, I also will use Every Man Jack natural deodorant stick over the top once the alum has dried. I would like to find an all natural Roll-On to replace the goo deo-stick. My experience with some roll-ons always leave me smelling bad hours later.

Is the KMF you're using a roll-on?

It is. I am trying to marry the benefits of straight alum(which works well for me) with a touch of fragrance. Patchouli is a polarizing scent to say the least but KMF has other 'flavors'.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It is. I am trying to marry the benefits of straight alum(which works well for me) with a touch of fragrance. Patchouli is a polarizing scent to say the least but KMF has other 'flavors'.

This is exactly what I would like to do. Alum works well, just need it in a scent that I'm good with.

Too personal? Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli.

Not too personal, but I am wondering if you're still liking the KMF Peaceful Patchouli now that you've used it for a few days??
I've been looking for something with a gentler ingredients list for a while now.

Top Bottom