What's new

Welcome FreeMoneyFinance.com Readers!

The moderators put together an article on the potential cost savings of DE shaving, published today on FreeMoneyFinance.com.

If you've clicked through from Free Money Finance, feel free to browse the various forums, reviews, shavewiki, and gallery you can access by using the tabs in the upper-right corner. If you would like to participate in discussions, register for free, by clicking here. If you have any questions or would like to introduce yourself, feel free to stop by the Shave Clinic forum to say hi or ask for tips or suggestions.

Welcome everyone!

Thanks for the guest post on FMF. I'm definitely interested in this shaving style - tired of tossing those disposables and shaving cream cans in the trash. Not sure if I'll save any money this way, but it sounds like it's worth a try. And a perfect Father's Day gift.

kmccoy-

Welcome aboard. There is a wealth of information contained on this board so do plenty of browsing and above all, if you have a question...ask.

Thanks for the guest post on FMF. I'm definitely interested in this shaving style - tired of tossing those disposables and shaving cream cans in the trash. Not sure if I'll save any money this way, but it sounds like it's worth a try. And a perfect Father's Day gift.

Just try not to overdo it in trying new razors and new creams/soaps etc. After a couple of months with your new DE try to shave with your old cartridge razor. Even if you use brush and cream with the cartidge you will be amazed of how superior is the DE against the mainstream cartridge razors.

At what point are we allowed to tell the FMF readers how much we spend on our hobby?:tongue:

Yes, you can do it cheaply, but, well... those darned acquisition disorders (very un-frugal, I know!) get in the way. I'm a "poor student" and I think I've dropped $400 more on this hobby than I needed to:eek:, not that I regret it...:biggrin:

I'd say if you want to save money it's best not to treat it as a hobby or hang around here too much. After a month at B&B odds are good you'll want to buy and try everything imaginable!:w00t:

But yeah, great article. Who IS Steve?

You guys don't know Steve? Oh man, that guy's a riot. This one time, he climbed onto the roof of a house and passed out. The owners thought there was a yeti living in their attic. Yeah, good ol' Steve...

Welcome!

From my time on this forum I have learned a lot and I hope you will as well. The most important thing I have learned is the members of Badger & Blade are the finest group of people you wish could meet in person.

Kyle

The responses were about what I would expect from the general population. Must be some really bad shaves over there.
For any of you that have visited from free money, welcome.
Notice the post used the qualifier "potential savings".
If, and it is a big if, you can stick with one razor, one brush, and drug store shaving soap while not trying every DE blade in the universe to see what works for you, there is money to be saved.
After the above process is complete, I think you do save money (unless venturing into straight razors). I know you will get a much better shave.

Thanks for the advice guys. I was the winner of the newbie "Susie's Bubbles" sampler, so I guess I have some different things to try there, just ordered the Tweezerman brush for $10 thanks to some advice on another thread and will get that razor ordered today as well.

Top Bottom