What's new

Just Quit Smoking. What do I buy as a present to myself?

I quit smoking yesterday. I did not plan to, but I had a bad allergy attack and was coughing up some ugly stuff in the shower, and to be honest, it scared me. That was yesterday. Today, figured out how much I spent annually on tobacco, and it was about $750.00.

I don't intend to spend the whole amount on shaving products, but I can see myself spending $75 to $100 on shaving related items in celebration. Is there anything new and/or unusual (razors, soaps) out there that I can get myself as a present?

Thanks for your input.

Congrats on quitting smoking!

No specific recommendations, but I think just about anything would be a nice treat for such an accomplishment.

Congrats on a great decision!
Your body and health will greatly appreciate!

you can get a set of Tabac to remind you that it will be the only tobacco like products that you will use!

$image.jpg

Congrats on the lifestyle change - great!

Get yourself something timeless, don't know your age but perhaps a birth year razor? Something really special so if you ever get the urge in future...

congrats! good luck. Its a hard fight..im still a smoker and have tried before and its never stuck. Stay strong and get something nice! I liked a birth year razor idea.

Why not run the gamut of forums: Birth Razor, a nice fountain pen, a nice bottle of bourbon or scotch, a new pair of shoes, a gun, a cast iron pan and a (candy) cigar!

Last edited:
Good for you. Keep at it. I have 19 trying years of being a quiter under my belt.

My advice...

1) Give yourself some time to be successful and feel even more proud of quiting and sticking with it. It's hard. You can do it.
2) If you buy something, think about if you should do something with whatever you purchase if you start smoking again. Donate it. Put it on display as a reminder and be determined to see this through.

All the best.

Good for you. Keep at it. I have 19 trying years of being a quiter under my belt.

My advice...

1) Give yourself some time to be successful and feel even more proud of quiting and sticking with it. It's hard. You can do it.
2) If you buy something, think about if you should do something with whatever you purchase if you start smoking again. Donate it. Put it on display as a reminder and be determined to see this through.

All the best.

Second tip may have a motivating effect. There's some research that suggests that some form of penalty can be a good motivating factor. If you slack, you lose it. Your prize can also be an accountability piece.

Congrats on quitting and give it hell. It's a tough change to make.

Good job! Keep in mind that most people slip up, and that doesn't mean you're back to square one. If you have a lapse, learn from it--what were you doing when it happened, what triggered it?

To answer the question: birth-year razor.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I like the idea of a nice razor or brush. It's something you can have on your counter, in sight, as a reminder of your continuing accomplishment. It also will bring you pleasure and comfort.

Just find something that turns you on and pull the trigger!

Congrats on your quit!!! Go to killthecan.org it is a forum support for quitters that can also keep you encouraged on your quit!
Take some $ that you would spend on nicotine products and buy yourself a custom shave kit with your quit date on it as a new birthday.
you may even do a small pif open to all quitters!
congrats on the quit! Stay encouraged, don't cave, don't use supplements and look forwArd to smelling soaps and fragrances with a new sense of smell in about 30 days!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!:thumbup:

Best of luck to you. When I quit chewing tobacco those are some hard few weeks.

Treat yourself to a nice soap, a beautiful new brush, and that awesome razor you could never justify buying

I'd say treat yourself to a set of stop smoking support sessions to increase the odds that you will internalize and stick to the decision to quit. It is very difficult to do -- and I say that as a former smoker of 40+ years.

Top Bottom