What's new

A gift of bourbon

A friend of mine came by late last week bearing gifts.

$20150501_180939.png

Looks like it is time to expand my palette beyond Scottish whisky . . . I guess I need to starting adding an "e" in as well. :laugh:

Nice!! Two that I haven't sampled yet. This weekend I grabbed the Stagg Jr after thinking long and hard about Baker's. This year's Derby Day Julep was a Woodford Reserve mix. Look forward to your reviews.

Now don't you go confusing whiskeys with bourbons. Drank some Baker's tonight. Woodford is damn fine too

Last edited:
Never tried Baker's or the double oaked woodford, but the original Woodford is among my favorites. Good friend you have there.

Lifelong Scotch drinker who recently added Bourbon to the rotation and glad I did.

You have two fine offerings there. Enjoy!

Big fan of Kentucky bourbons! I've only had the standard woodford which is very good - makers 46 is my staple, also really like basil hayden's :)

I'm just getting over a cold, so I'll be taste testing in a few days. If I recall correctly, I'm down to my last dram or two of scotch. I'll probably replace that with an old standby so I can do some nice comparisons.

Had a glass of the Woodford's double oak, very nice, and very smooth. I noticed a peppery aftertaste at the front of my mouth. That bottle is in danger of not lasting until June. :laugh:

I'll be trying the Baker's tonight. He told me it is even smoother.

2 Bakers later and I'm not sure if it is smoother than the Woodfords... I guess I'll have to try some more Woodfords!

I was impressed at how smooth the Baker's was for 107 proof.

We did the Woodford tour on the bourbon trail last fall. Quality tour and the double oaked is sweet and very tasty.

So, it's been almost 4 months and I've only got a drinks worth of Bakers left and 1/2 bottle of Woodford. I really like the Bakers. I was given a bottle of Aberlour 12 for Father's Day, and it's been pretty much untouched as I've been reaching for the Bakers.

I will definitely buy a replacement bottle. If I like Bakers, any recommendations for other bourbons?

Booker's is a little hotter at near 130 proof, but it's awfully good. Look for it in the wood box, close to Baker's!

Booker's is a little hotter at near 130 proof, but it's awfully good. Look for it in the wood box, close to Baker's!

Thanks! I bought a bottle of Bookers for my father on Father's Day a few years ago. He loved it! It was gone the next time I went down to visit him. :laugh:

Top Bottom